Honored Contributor

What a Difference a Day Makes

It is so beautiful today, high 70's , reasonable humidity. I have already accomplished more today , that I have in a week. I caught up on cleaning, did some outside work, and made a great stir fry for lunch. Weather affects me, what can I say ? 🌻🌞🌻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What a Difference a Day Makes

@QVCkitty1   It is nice here in my corner of NE PA.  It  went down into the 50s overnight.  I could finally turn all the fans off for a few hours. Nice breeze going.

As the saying goes "all good things must  come  to an end", tomorrow afternoon the humidity is coming back.

I'd move tomorrow if I could find someplace with sunny, no humidity, 70ish weather in the summer and winters with cold being 20s and 30s.

No crazy extremes either way.  Fat chance.

Honored Contributor

It is really amazing just how much the weather can affect me.  It can put me in a great mood or sometimes a lousy mood. 

Today in SE PA it's still a bit humid but so much cooler!  I wish I could say that I got a lot done but I'm in the middle of getting my main bedroom & bath renovated and I have three men upstairs working on the rooms right now.

One has been placing new tiles in the shower, his helper is running up & down the stairs cutting the tiles where the saw is set up out in the driveway and the third is painting the bedroom. 

It's such a mess that I have no desire to do much until it's over.....it will look great when it's done though!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

The first place that popped into my mind when reading this was San Diego.  But the real estate prices might just give you pause for thought.

The cool season lasts for 4.1 months, from November 29 to April 2, with an average daily high temperature below 67°F. The coldest month of the year in San Diego is December, with an average low of 51°F and high of 65°F.

Only 25 days are hotter than 80 °F (27 °C). Late summer and early autumn are typically the hottest times of the year with an average high of 78 °F (26 °C) in August and 77 °F (25 °C) in September.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Yes, this week in the Midwest, Wisconsin, to be specific is in the high 70's, low 80's and low humidity! It is a nice change from high humidity. It's so beautiful, nice and sunny and warm but comfortable.  I love Summer, and ours is way too short, so I try to really  enjoy it while its here!

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags   My mistake I should have added no wildfires, earthquakes, tsunamis/volcanoes (looking at you Hawaii, as gorgeous as you are), hurricanes, no tornado alley or alligator alley.

Yeah, I am picky.  I'm nealy 72 so if I move time is a premium. I want as near perfect for me as I can get.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@shoesnbags   My mistake I should have added no wildfires, earthquakes, tsunamis/volcanoes (looking at you Hawaii, as gorgeous as you are), hurricanes, no tornado alley or alligator alley.

Yeah, I am picky.  I'm nealy 72 so if I move time is a premium. I want as near perfect for me as I can get.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Got it.  Let me know what you find!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1  What a joy to be outsiede today! I got a lot of gardening done and went for a nice walk. What a change!

Honored Contributor

It's in the low 80s today.  Cloudy with a breeze.  Quite comfortable after 7 days of high 90s.  I got to open the blinds let daylight in for the first time in a week.  

Respected Contributor

I'm so jealous of those getting a break in their weather. It really does make a difference in how we feel and our productivity. 

Here in TX, today is the 47th day of triple digit weather. It's draining and keeps most locked indoors. Even indoors you hate to be too active, as most try to keep their AC set as high as possible to conserve energy.

The drought is so bad that we'd have to have 22" of rain by October 1st, to end this drought and it still looks dry for August.

It's been a miserable summer here and across much of the country -- and world. It's quite concerning.