Honored Contributor

Re: What Will Be the First Signs of Autumn?

@smb3 wrote:

Halloween candy is already in the stores....

That's gotta be my favorite part.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

Here in Florida it might be less rain & lower humidity - end of October. Before that it might be just the color of my clothes! 

Cool weather is nice to think about. We are a bit cooler than normal today because of the tropical storm dumping so much rain on us but it sure isn't fall weather!

Trusted Contributor

Last week, while on a walk, I noticed one tree has changed colors already. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

UGG! I dispise Autumn! It means a lot of work for us! Raking all the leaves we have on our lot! Bringing the dock in. Taking the cover off our hoist and hauling that in. Bringing the boat in and winterizing it. Bringing the jet skis in and winterizing them. Bringing the patio furniture in to store away in the garage. Cutting down all the perinneals. Mowing the lawn more often so anyone elses leaves don't end up ruining our lawn. I could go on and on but its obvious no one here can relate. I'm a Summer gal, always was, always will be. Fall is too short where I live. The bounty of Fall around here is a mere 2 weeks. Yuck. Woman Frustrated

@ID2  I hate fall, too.  I hate to see the leaves turn colors and then drop off.  Yes, it makes for a lot of yardwork that we don't have in the summer, which is WAY TOO short by the way.  I love hot, sunny days.  That is why we don't stick around for Michigan winters anymore.  To me, fall is like illness, everything withering up and winter is the long drawn out death.  It is like a black and white movie.

Give me the technicolor of summer all year long!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Around here...a blizzard. It's Colorado and autumn could quite possibly be a blip on the radar.Woman LOL

@SilleeMee  You'll always have all the beautiful golden Aspen leaves, come blizzard or high water. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

Say it ain't so, @Jeannie29!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I saw what announces autumn to me early yesterday morning.  My back yard "bird area" was filled with doens of red wing blackbirds.  Seems early to me for migration, but apparently they wanted to get a head start. This rarely happens here until September.

Respected Contributor

It will be getting dark earlier soon 

All the pumpkin flavored food and drinks will be in the stores.   Not a fan.   Lol

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Jeannie29 wrote:

Say it ain't so, @Jeannie29!

I was so surprised @tends2dogs I had to text a pic to my husband because I knew he would not believe it

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In New Mexico?

roasting chile

And the Balloon Fiesta...

ABQ Balloon Fiesta

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~