Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Steven Spielberg Said About the Surge in Antisemitic Incidents

@Nancy Drew wrote:

You want to know how it starts? Read the responses here. One group pits another group and trashes them. There will alwabe whataboutism because people don't like hypocrisy.

Keyboard Warriors.

Cowards who actually do nothing.

Honored Contributor

nevergivesup

Very well said and true, I agree.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

There's an increase of Christians being targeted as well. No matter who it is, all of it is wrong and has no place anywhere.

I am a Christian, and have not seen anti-Christian behavior in this country.  Where have you seen this "increase" in anti-Christian behavior?

church attacks 01.jpg

Trusted Contributor

My dearest friend and I were discussing this due to the attacks in Montgomery County schools (she lives in a different county) and why we are seeing a rise in it. She made a comment that those who point the finger do so because they have the need to "cut someone off at the knees" in order that they may feel taller aka superior. Often, those that are the victims of this have more money/are better educated and those spewing the hate are jealous; they want someone to blame for their not being as rich, as popular, as successful, etc. Or, they don't want to SHARE their success; what they have with anyone not in their "click". Children learn this at home so....obviously the disgust spans generations. 

I worry for my children becoming adults in this world full of hatred, bias, "money is king" and so many other issues that appear to be spiraling out of control. Have we learned NOTHING from history? Apparently not. Smiley Sad

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

There's an increase of Christians being targeted as well. No matter who it is, all of it is wrong and has no place anywhere.

I am a Christian, and have not seen anti-Christian behavior in this country.  Where have you seen this "increase" in anti-Christian behavior?

church attacks 01.jpg

Thanks for your reply @Caffeina. Good reminder that we occasionally see vandalism at Catholic churches, and public Christian displays. Unfortunately, this type of thing can always be found in this big country.  In my statement, I was referring to anti-Christian sentiment, prejudice or discrimination.  Don't recall an increase, and, honestly, not sure your post reflects that there has been an increase in Church vandalism.  But I have seen increases in  antisemitism, and anti-Asian violence, and continued bigotry against all sorts of people.  Sad.

Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple  Your perspective is correct. What I also find painful are those who won't stand up against the rising hatred especially those in leadership, religious leaders, and so forth.