Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Thing To Do In The Summertime ?

Be in the ocean, pool or spa 

Eat fresh watermelon,okra, tomatoes, corn and peaches!

Watch fireworks and fireflies! 

Super Contributor

@Abby1967 

Great discussion topic!!  I absolutely LOVE summer, so I try to soak it up as much as possible. My favorite thing is swimming at the outdoor pool in my neighborhood! 

Esteemed Contributor

sit in my air-conditioned house with all the shades pulled down.....and wait until Fall!!

Esteemed Contributor

Walking at dawn, when the temperature is perfect, and enjoying all that nature provides – birds singing, lush green forests, frogs in the ponds, etc. 

Respected Contributor

When it is not too hot and humid here, north of Boston, I like to take a walk by the beach.

My house was built in 1914 on a little hill surrounded by oak, maple and pine trees. It has wrap around porches and one of my favorite things is to sit on my porch reading a good book, drinking iced tea or lemonade, listening to the birds and watching the squirrels.

Honored Contributor

Altho this is for all the seasons: I love waking up and looking out the windows at our woods. Some mornings there are critters out there,some mornings not. So serene and so peaceful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Abby1967 Sitting on the patio with my children, drinking adult beverages and watching the grandchildren run through the sprinkler and toss water balloons.

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON  That is my answer too!   Though summer is not my favorite season in the northeast, we do have some beautiful beaches here.   I do try to enjoy and appreciate it as it doesn't last very long, but I am always happy to welcome fall Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  In fairness, I have to say, I liked summer a good bit more when the heat and humidity didn't bother me as much and when I was in my last condo where I had a nice shady patio to sit on, sip iced tea and read... That said, that was then and this is now and now I say BRING ON FALL...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Fireworks. Street fairs. Farmers Markets. The lake at night. Just running around doing fun things outside at night because that is when it is cooler.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr