Honored Contributor

What If the Situation Were Reversed?

Not asking for just right and wrong.  But I would like to know what you would think, and think other people would say if Charles had had an affair with Diana while married to Camilla--say in the beginning.  Reverse the situation.

Since Diana had affairs with a number of married men, also think about that. And how much do you think the way these two women look very different would play into the gossip? 

I just think it's an interesting topic for discussion.  No more point to it than that. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What If the Situation Were Reversed?

The Seventh Commandment applies in every situation, the Lord doesn't state exceptions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Diana had affairs to get back at Charles and because she needed the attention.

I think it's time everyone got over it all.  Charles and Camilla were in love for years - they were meant to be together.  Charles was forced to marry Diana or at least not permitted to  marry Camilla.  For various reasons.

It wasn't like Charles was "having affairs."  He was in love with Camilla - he loved her.  He would never have had an affair if he'd been permitted to be with/marry Camilla to begin with.

I'm happy Charles and Camilla finally ended up together.  

Honored Contributor

Interesting discussion @Sooner

In my book, any affair is wrong. I don't think members of the royal family think so.

Had the tables been turned, and C&C were married with children at a younger age, then beautiful Diana came into the picture. . . the press would have had a field day! 

We all know Charles was crazy about Camilla. But she wanted him only as a friend at first; she wanted Andrew. Charles honored his vows for about 5 years. It wasn't until his friends realized how unhappy he was and reached out to Camilla to help him that they both broke their vows. 

But they should have postponed getting together until they were both divorced.

We all also know Charles had to get going and marry someone suitable. Camilla was already married, and she wouldn't have been suitable back then anyway!

Respected Contributor

Seriously, the thought of any 2 women fighting over Charles is disgusting.

Honored Contributor

It would still be wrong.  Interesting when you think back to Diana's comment "there were three of us in the marriage."  It really as been the case with King Charles and Queen Camilla's marriage.  Still the same three, but in the form of Diana's memory and legacy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC "Seriously, the thought of any 2 women fighting over Charles is disgusting."

I almost spit out my water.  Thanks for the laugh.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I think 99% of his appeal was the crown.  ðŸ˜³

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Queen Mother and Diana's grandmother (pals) should have kept their meddling noses out of "the arrangement"....and left Charles to pick out his own wife.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

My take, I think if Charles had been married to Camilla and had an affair with Diana, that most would have been livid with him for doing so.

He would have been accused of wanting Diana because she was good arm candy, due to her youth and beauty. We would have been hearing moans of --- poor Camilla.

So, either way, it would have been judged harshly. As it should have been. Some marriages don't work. That's fine, but settle things, then move on. Show some respect.