Trusted Contributor

Re: What Happened to the Tim Russert Thread?

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

I think I'm okay with remembering him and his work in a positive light.  So much is a lightning rod for partisan thinking.

Maybe he just wanted to be remembered today.  Perhaps his son became engaged/married or he became a grandfather.  Now I am wondering... 

Maybe because I miss him so much on Sunday morningsSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@buyornot wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

I think I'm okay with remembering him and his work in a positive light.  So much is a lightning rod for partisan thinking.

Maybe he just wanted to be remembered today.  Perhaps his son became engaged/married or he became a grandfather.  Now I am wondering... 

Maybe because I miss him so much on Sunday morningsSmiley Sad

I miss him, too, especially during elections.  Out of curiosity I looked up his son Luke on Instagram.  He looks healthy and happy.  

Valued Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

proudly,

Thank you for pointing out that this was a dated thread.  No wonder the OP wrote "3 years ago."

There must be a reason that Tim Russert's soul wanted to be remembered today.  (At least that is what I believe.)

ETA:  I am rather certain that Tim Russert was not an Eastern Orthodox Christian, but today (February 22) is, for us, the first Saturday of Souls.  We pray for the souls of our beloved departed on this particular Saturday and the following two Saturdays..  Life is mysterious.  

@golding76 he was a devout Roman Catholic

Respected Contributor

@golding76

LOL These messageboard magpies are really a hoot, aren't they?

You didn't do anything wrong. As many have noted whenever this happens (and it's often), there's a difference between "bumping" and responding to an old thread.

After all, there IS a search function. 😉

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen the other thread, but appreciate this opportunity to join some of you in celebrating his life.  May he rest in peace.  

I miss his commentary, and I also enjoyed his book about his father, Big Russ.    

Honored Contributor

My daughter worked in DC, and there was a certain cafe she would go to for lunch right on Wisconsin Ave in Chevy Chase, and she often saw Tim in there . 

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
@golding76

LOL These messageboard magpies are really a hoot, aren't they?

You didn't do anything wrong. As many have noted whenever this happens (and it's often), there's a difference between "bumping" and responding to an old thread.

After all, there IS a search function. 😉

@Moonlady, of course she didn't do anything wrong; no one said that she did. It was a new poster who bumped up a nine-year-old thread. That poster may not have known that it's against Standards, but it is and for good reason.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland