Honored Contributor

Re: What Do Customers Want To See In The QVC Host or Programming?

@shell garden wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Variety in products---I dont watch 24/7 but every time I peek---its always IT COSMETICS, DOONEY, LOGO, JOSIE MARAN, SERTA, ELECTRONICS, GOURMET FOOD, COPPER POTS AND PANS, CLARKS, VIONIC, PHILOSOPHY, VITAMIX....and repeat, repeat, repeat especially on the Weekends!  Which brings us to Variety in Programming........If there's a favorite repeat product that is given a break on TV the fans can still order it online or on their APP!!!

And by VARIETY I dont mean adding a new color or metallic paint or the same ole product make a minor change and calling basically the same product "new".   And if you already have tons of shoe vendors when QVC FINALLY brings in something different, what do they brinf in MORE shoes....I want a diversity in products and not the same stuff we see locally!!! 

Rotate the hosts---never seen Katie McGee (and heard nice things about her), and Monday's Fashion's Night In.... needs a change........Alberti needs a home decor show!!! (if you read his Blog or Facebook you've seen his talent)............

Exactly...bring back Alberti to regular programming at QVC.

And while they are at it....bring back:

-Thomas Pacconi Christmas items

-Tiffany Style Lamps

-Different Designers with reasonable, affordable  

prices and better style of clothes

-Get rid of GILI...it's not the same since Lisa left and     they would save big bucks in not paying Jill.

-Bring back 50/50 tours

-Give discounts and coupons to customers

-How 'bout some free shipping...if not everyday at least 1-2 times a week instead of all those easy pay for 4 hours every other day

Bring back Christopher Radko.  

At the very least, send out a birthday coupon.  Didn't the Q used to do that?

Trusted Contributor

Regarding hosts -- I can pretty much watch anyone -- EXCEPT the ones who are SOOOO full of themselves (and there are quite a few of those at QVC now).  I would love to see more hosts that don't fall into that category.  The ones with huge egos are not enjoyable to watch.  I would like more hosts that aren't the "it's all about me" types.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How do you know the departures were abrupt?   For all anyone of us knows the departures were weeks or months in the making and only announced the day before.  We aren't privy to Qvc's business plan and personnel decisions.  I'm not interested in any changes regarding hosts.  I think they do a fabulous job and I understand it's a hard job that not many people can do.  They put in many more hours than we think they do and they are responsible for making sales, big sales.  While looking good and pretending they are have a wondeful time.  I certainly could not do that.  As for Qvc, I'm 100% certain that there are sales goals for all the hosts and like with any job, if hosts can't meet their goals, they must part ways with Qvc.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

One problem for them is that "WE" don't think alike, so who should they listen to?

The do know what those of us who actually shop with Qvc think, they know it from sales.  We do our talking with our credit cards and they are listening.  They don't care what the Looky Lou's think...they don't care what people who watch just to be watch and never buy anything think.

Esteemed Contributor

I  rarely actually watch anymore.  I doubt I know any of the hosts (new ones within the last two years).  In any case here is what I expect

1.  I want to know about the clothing products... sizing... colors... fit  We cannot try things on so the hosts and vendors need to spend time making the items as familiar as they can.

2.  I don't like the PITCH... buy now or else.... never see it again...  EVER EVER.  Or giggles--- laughter suggesting we are fools if we don't buy it RIGHT THIS NOW. 

3.  Like to see more variety..  And less repeats.. meaning .. finding more products to sell. 

4.  Not about programming... but a shopping cart so by the end of the day everything within reason can be sent together. 

5.  Not interest in personal information and guests and hosts socializing for long periods of time.  I just don't care.  They are not my friends or family and it does not matter to me if the item does not fit or work when I get it home.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the biggest problem with the Q is not the hosts,although a few are really unwatchable,it's price.  I've seen lots of things I liked but when figuring the final cost...it's outrageous. I like a lot of D&co tops but 40-50$ for little tshirt like tops,come on.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Prices have gone way up, and I agree, there is almost nothing new, it's

almost always the same old, same old.  

Other shopping channels offer free shipping at times and their clearances are real deals.  QVC's idea of a sale is a joke.

They treat women like children, that comes through loud and clear.  And for sure, it's as if they haven't noticed times and fashion have changed over the decades.  Some of the designers they hang on to go back to the 80s and haven't updated their designs since then.

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Variety in products---I dont watch 24/7 but every time I peek---its always IT COSMETICS, DOONEY, LOGO, JOSIE MARAN, SERTA, ELECTRONICS, GOURMET FOOD, COPPER POTS AND PANS, CLARKS, VIONIC, PHILOSOPHY, VITAMIX....and repeat, repeat, repeat especially on the Weekends!  Which brings us to Variety in Programming........If there's a favorite repeat product that is given a break on TV the fans can still order it online or on their APP!!!

And by VARIETY I dont mean adding a new color or metallic paint or the same ole product make a minor change and calling basically the same product "new".   And if you already have tons of shoe vendors when QVC FINALLY brings in something different, what do they brinf in MORE shoes....I want a diversity in products and not the same stuff we see locally!!! 

Rotate the hosts---never seen Katie McGee (and heard nice things about her), and Monday's Fashion's Night In.... needs a change........Alberti needs a home decor show!!! (if you read his Blog or Facebook you've seen his talent)............

Exactly...bring back Alberti to regular programming at QVC.

And while they are at it....bring back:

-Thomas Pacconi Christmas items

-Tiffany Style Lamps

-Different Designers with reasonable, affordable  

prices and better style of clothes

-Get rid of GILI...it's not the same since Lisa left and     they would save big bucks in not paying Jill.

-Bring back 50/50 tours

-Give discounts and coupons to customers

-How 'bout some free shipping...if not everyday at least 1-2 times a week instead of all those easy pay for 4 hours every other day

Bring back Christopher Radko.  

At the very least, send out a birthday coupon.  Didn't the Q used to do that?

OMG @tansy that was one thing I bought a TON of! I loved his ornaments and still have 95% of them!! Can't believe they havan't broken after all of these years. I remember one TSV where he had ornaments that had little gold holders so you could use them as ornaments or put them on the table as a decoration/display. I bought every different variety for me and as presents. They must be 15-18 yrs old and I still have every one and put them out every year and love them just as much as the day I got them. When my daughter (and now grandson) sees me pull these out they start getting exciting for Christmas!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK