Valued Contributor

What a lovely way to spend an evening.  Sounds absolutely heavenly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife   Wow, that sounds heavenly!   I've visited Hawaii a couple of times and loved it.  We didn't see any whales when we were there though.  It's one of my favorite things to do.  We go out to Cape Cod every year to do one, always get to see some Humpbacks out there, it's awesome!  We're lucky, it's only about an hour drive for us.

Honored Contributor

mama whale and mama dolphin with their babies....  Woman HappyHeart

Valued Contributor

I am so jealous. We love Hawaii and have been on whale watch and dolphin watch trips . We especially loved the spinning dolphins. Keep telling us things like that. I get a vicarious thrill. Aloha!

Honored Contributor

@Luvtuna wrote:

I am so jealous. We love Hawaii and have been on whale watch and dolphin watch trips . We especially loved the spinning dolphins. Keep telling us things like that. I get a vicarious thrill. Aloha!

@Luvtuna 

Love your name!  My husband is a sporting fisherman so we lots of Ahi.  I'll try to share pictures if I'm able to get some this weekend.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

After work today my husband & I poured a glass of wine & sat out on the beach.  Talk about a great show!  A mama whale & her baby were swimming and the mama was doing one full breach after another, then the baby would breach as best she could.  Then they started playing & the mama was flapping her fin on the water & the baby would do her little baby breach.  What a great Aloha Friday (as we call it here) evening.  I wish I could have taken pictures for y'all, but it was too far out for a picture to really do it justice, but close enough for us to get a great visual.  Watching God's creatures at play...what a wonderful Friday evening.

@SurferWife 

Hello!  I'm sitting here beaming just feeling your joy!  What a lovely memory you shared with all of us.  Please send photos if you can.

Love to Mr. Toby .

Y'all Be Well!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Re: Whale Watching

[ Edited ]

@SurferWifeOh gee that sounds amazing!....You live in such a pretty place!

We are having horrible allergy season in Az right now, not the best time for allergy folks to be outside. So I wlll enjoy your outside!

(and your all nice & tan)  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Aloha @Drythe!

Mr. Toby is doing quite well.  His groomer is still open so my husband took him yesterday.  The groomer comes out to the truck and gets Toby, then when done brings him back out.  We pay over the phone so they are keeping a distance from humans.  At least he still gets to have his hair cut!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@quadmimi 

Tan...yes...thanks to WEN Bronzing drops!  I don't sunbathe like I used to.  i just can't take laying in the heat like I could prior to menopause...HA!

Regular Contributor

Are you on Oahu? We are on Maui and we watched some whales from our car while parked briefly on the side of the road yesterday. 

But all beaches and parks and parking lots are closed.  There is no "sitting on the beach" allowed without risk of ticket and fine.  Police were out in force yesterday on both west and south shores of Maui.  We were on the north shore and didn't see any police but there was no one on the beach just sitting around.  Only swimming, surfing, windsurfing, paddle boarding, fishing allowed.  

There is still some question if walking on the beach for exercise is still considred legal.  Some say only walking across the beach to get into the water to swim, etc. is safe from police/