Honored Contributor

After work today my husband & I poured a glass of wine & sat out on the beach.  Talk about a great show!  A mama whale & her baby were swimming and the mama was doing one full breach after another, then the baby would breach as best she could.  Then they started playing & the mama was flapping her fin on the water & the baby would do her little baby breach.  What a great Aloha Friday (as we call it here) evening.  I wish I could have taken pictures for y'all, but it was too far out for a picture to really do it justice, but close enough for us to get a great visual.  Watching God's creatures at play...what a wonderful Friday evening.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

so upset that when we were there last may/june that we did not get the chance to see any whales. it was too late in the season, but we tried.

enjoy @SurferWife .....you have a beautiful state!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

Shucks...sounds like you got here a little too late.  I may try to get some pictures this weekend (iPhone, not a fancy camera) and post them here.  At least it might get people's mind off of the crisis, even if a few minutes.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife    How fortunate you were!  I love whale watching, although there's not a lot of it going on here in NM.  Went in Alaska.  About how far offshore were these two?  Next time take camera instead of wine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

According to my husband they were about 1/4 mile out.  We could see them clearly from the beach.  It's prime whale season, so I need to remember to take my phone with me.  I don't know how well the pictures will turn out, but I can try. They really are amazing creatures!

Valued Contributor
What a gift to see such beauty @ a time like this.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife , lovely way to start the weekend.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife  What a fabulous treat right in your backyard (so to speak).Woman Happy  Many years after seeing one in person I adopted a whale (through WDC).  Been whale watching in northern Pacific region, and would love to venture to Hawaii to whale watch. 

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife 

I have been blessed by two trips to Hawaii.  Some of my most favorite weeks ever.  The drive to Hana, Haleakala, and hiking on Diamond Head.  Pearl Harbor.  And the delicious fresh seafood!

We did not see any whales though.  I am sure it was a beautiful sight to see them.  I have deer in my backyard and soon the fawns will be here.  We love to watch them.  A nice diversion from the dern virus.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife,

@sunshine45 ,

and all whale watchersWoman Happy,

If you can, stream from Disney Plus,

The Dolphin Reef!

I watched it last night and it was so amazing to watch all the dolphins with a mom and baby and then showed whales dancing!!

Oh my goodness. I have never seen such incredible photography.

In the end they show a man with his 

underwater camera who amoung others made it all possible.

Breathtaking!

And if you have Amazon Prime, Disney Plus is free for a year!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"