Occasional Contributor

Wellness, Blue, now even Merrick very leery of this Yucca Schidigera extract & Rosemary extract

Yucca SchidIgera extract & Rosemary extract is now being added to so many pet foods even in high end pet foods like Wellness and Blue- check yours!

I have been having food issues for a while with both my cats and noticed that Wellness which I thought was high end had this ingredient also, and it puzzled me.

I was at the vets office the other day and picked up a brochure on poisonous plants and Yucca was on the list and I found it odd that it is in so many pet foods- I don't know if Yucca and Yucca Schidigera is the same but both my cats had been having issues with food and this ingredient was in there food-

Vets push Hills & Royal Canin my cats had issues with this food and no wonder it’s loaded with corn and gluten and corn husks?? They did not like it anyways so I was on a quest to find a really good cat food both wet and dry with limited ingredients and did not contain the Yucca and Rosemary not any easy task - I was searching and searching and found what I am hoping is a really good cat food- I did not even know about it-

Dik Van Patten’s Natural Balance Pet Foods

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/product.aspx?ProductId=31&product=L.I.D.+Limited+Ingredient+Diets...

SOME OF THE PET FOODS FOR EVEN THIS BRAND HAS THE YUCCA- BUT I WAS ABLE TO FIND A LIMITED AND A DRY THAT DID NOT CONTAIN THESE, IF YOU KNOW OF A CAT FOOD THAT DOES NOT CONTAIN IT NOR CORN NOR WHEAT NOR GLUTEN PLEASE POST IT UP.

I bought the Limited dry chicken and duck and some of the wet and both my cats like it and so far so good- I could only find it on Amazon and Petco and I just wanted to mention it for those who are also having food issues with their pets.

I am not a vet or a scientist but I just wanted to post this as a helpful suggestion for a few that may have been looking a quality pet food- and no I don't work for the company!