Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well this one is a bit confusing

But if we all order early and get our deliveries then we will miss all the fun that surrounds the invitable posts starting about 12/23 about how someone's Christmas was ruined because QVC promised something was going to,arrive by Christmas and it is not going to,arrive in time.  Those posts are some of my favorite reading.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@gmkb@Your parcel has really been on the road for a long time.That is just ridiculous.i hope it finally arrived.

@dex  It arrived today!!  

Honored Contributor

@gmkb I sure hope you love what you got and don't have to return.Thanks for letting me know you got it

Respected Contributor

update: I checked the status of my package delivery and it arrived at the post office in my hometown on 11/26 so I assume delivery today.  8 days which usually takes about 6 days max.

Trusted Contributor

Second-guessing the shipping process will only drive you crazy.  No one here has any insight into the shipping process, and it is foolish to think that we understand shipping better than carriers that ship millions of packages a year.  In fact, they ship more in a day than any of us will ship in a lifetime, so why do we think we know better?

When you see something like you mentioned, what is likely happening is that a large load of packages is going to a sorting facility which will then send the packages out to smaller sorting and distribution facilities.  If you have an estimated delivery date, there is no need to worry about any of this until AFTER the date has passed.

Remember just a few years ago (prior to shopping channels and the internet), mail order delivery usually took 6 to 8 weeks.  While it is nice that we get things much sooner these days, there is nothing being delivered by a shopping channel that is lifesaving (unless QVC has started delivering heart medication recently).