Honored Contributor

Re: Well guess that didn't last! Naples FL Beaches CLOSED again

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Expect lots of whining and kvetching and moaning about how their rights have been violated.

I've never seen such drama queens outside of high school.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Leaving trash behind just cements my view of these people.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

I'm in N. Central FL and read a report today there is 2500+ new Covid-19 cases since Monday, when "we" opened.  Imagine it will go up further.

Not to mention all the garbage they left behind.

Seriously, who didn't know this would happen.

Oh, I expected all the people spreading the disease, just shocked at what pigs they are with their trash!

Denise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

I'm in N. Central FL and read a report today there is 2500+ new Covid-19 cases since Monday, when "we" opened.  Imagine it will go up further.

Oh, I expected all the people spreading the disease, just shocked at what pigs they are with their trash!

Pigs are much cleaner.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I am not surprised ...beaches closed AGAIN because beachgoers not following the guidelines.  I knew it wouldn't last...I'm curious how it went today at other FL beaches.

@homedecor1   Good! Why anyone thought people would pay any attention to the rules is beyond me. 

Most of what we have have in Florida is “suggestions” and not real rules. At no time have I seen many people wearing masks in public and I’ve rarely seen anyone practicing social distancing. The numbers of COVID-19 cases here keep going up. Gee, I wonder why... I also wonder why they talk about Florida “opening up” again when it appears the state never “closed” at all. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

Pigs are much cleaner.

You're absolutely correct.  My apologies to all pigs.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Farm animals have better instincts than humans. If a state opens beaches and parks, goodness gracious, follow the rules and pick up your garbage.

I read something to my husband about being able to identify what kind of person you are by how you handle your shopping cart after emptying it. He always returns them to the caddy and hooks them to the cart ahead to make it easier for the employees who bring them back into the store. I've been known to get them near the caddy, but I'm not as conscientious as he is. Then there are those people who won't take one step to return them. 

@AuntG ,Oh my gosh, this reminds me of my dad. When I was a kid, he would get so mad at people who didn't return carts. He said those carts would smash into cars and  make a dent.  If you are watching dad, I always return my cart, I wouldn't dare not. 🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Humans are their own worst enemy. 

Since the beginning of time.

Honored Contributor

Not sure why but I can't stop thinking about that song when reading these posts...most of which I agree with. 

"How many times must a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn't see....the answer my friend is blowin in the wind, the answer is blowin in the wind".

Honored Contributor

I know someone who went to the grocery store last week   and had her mask on like we are supposed to here in Indiana.  Some older gentleman looked at her and said in a gruff tone of voice  ........    "I have my granddaughter with me".   This woman was keeping her distance.  She definitely got the feeling that he thought SHE was sick since she had a mask on.  Some people are just so ignorant of the latest news. I think we are all sick of the news but we do need to at least try to keep abreast of things (in our neck of the woods) even if we just listen to the news at the end of the day. Ignorance is not bliss!