Respected Contributor

Re: Well, UPS really messed up!

[ Edited ]

UPS can easily mess things up.  One day, a neighbor in my apt bldg knocked on my door & handed over a pkg from QVC.  The bldg address was "1234 EAST xyz street."  Somehow, UPS had affixed a label to "1234 WEST xyz street."  The bizarre thing was that the neighbor worked at a business at the "west" address, recognized my name & brought it to me.  Really weird, but not QVC' s fault.

Honored Contributor

ChynnaBlue wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Also, you might check Amazon.  Usually, they have the cookbooks that QVC sells only they are actually less expensive on Amazon.  Smiley Happy

Amazon does have it, but Amazon won't be shipping until October and QVC was shipping immediately, Sept 10 for advanced orders. It's only $2 less, so I might be willing to pay a few dollars more to get something faster.

But you're right, I always check Amazon. In fact, that's where I got my David Venable cookbook. Smiley Embarassed

Oh bummer about the wait.  What I'd do is put it in my 'wishlist' at Amazon.  The price will go down after it comes out, almost guaranteed.  Smiley Happy

I guess if somebody prefers to purchase it at QVC, the good thing is that Meredith is a regular there so they WILL get it back in.  I really like Meredith but I just don't buy cookbooks anymore.

Regular Contributor

I ordered the little cream cheese filled bagels from QVC. UPS missed a connection and delivered them to me with no dry ice, and they were warm. When I called CS they immediately said throw them away, and issued a refund. I stressed that this is in no way the venders fault or QVC. I just hope they don't just count this as a return for the vender, and have it count against them.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Also, you might check Amazon.  Usually, they have the cookbooks that QVC sells only they are actually less expensive on Amazon.  Smiley Happy

Amazon does have it, but Amazon won't be shipping until October and QVC was shipping immediately, Sept 10 for advanced orders. It's only $2 less, so I might be willing to pay a few dollars more to get something faster.

But you're right, I always check Amazon. In fact, that's where I got my David Venable cookbook. Smiley Embarassed

It's more than $7 less at Amazon, if you are a Prime member.  Naturally, it would be worth the extra dollars if you don't want to wait until Oct 1.  I order so much from Amazon that the Prime membership fee is well worth it.  Just a week or so ago, I ordered a cookbook from Amazon that was $10 less than the QVC price+s/h.  Both had a late-Sep delivery date as that's when the publisher is releasing it.

Super Contributor

I'll definitely be checking Amazon for the cookbook! My pressure cooker is to be delivered tomorrow - unless I get more textbooks! LOL  I'm going to call the school tomorrow and let them know what happened and that hopefully UPS will come and pick the books up.

Esteemed Contributor

@hfpint, I just wanted to thank you for the giggles you gave me from your OP. You are too funny!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Super Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@hfpint, I just wanted to thank you for the giggles you gave me from your OP. You are too funny!

Oh, I'm glad I could make you giggle!!! With this kinda thing happening, you've got to have some humor.