Respected Contributor

Tomorrow is October 1st!  Where has the year gone? It's been eventful for me; how's it played out for you?

Respected Contributor

I've had some ups and downs, some happy moments and some not so happy moments but I am still here, no struggles. My children and grandchildren are well so I am truly blessed. I hope all is well with everyone else

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten I am more concerned for our country than for myself this past year.  This has been a very challenging year.  I practice gratitude for what I have and acceptance for what I can't change.  

Honored Contributor

I can't believe it's October!  I find myself feeling sad and kind of blue this time of the year.  I don't care for it at all.  All the flowers are about dead and the weather is turning and I know soon, before we know it, bad weather will hit with snow, etc., and then we'll be stuck in the house even more than usual.  It's not been that great a year anyway.  I'm trying to be positive, but I never really did care for this time of the year.  Fall leaves are pretty --- that's a positive!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I dread winter.

Esteemed Contributor

2021 is getting better, for me.  I am looking forward to some positive changes ahead, and I really enjoy fall in the garden.

Feels nice to cozy up to a throw blanket, and though I will begin to loathe the dark days later in winter, right now I am sleeping well because the sun sets earlier and there are fewer outdoor distractions.

Raise a glass to 2022.  I hope it will be  the beginning of better times ahead.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

I did too when I lived in the Midwest. Now, I love winter. 

Honored Contributor

Fall is always a challenge for me, miss those sunny days.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I love this time of year, cool crisp air and colorful leaves!   Winter doesn't bother me in the least.  I just love the snow and all the coziness of winter.   I feel it's a state of mind really, you just have to get into it, and just think before you know it,  spring is back Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I dread winter.

Me too!