Regular Contributor
Can someone tell me what Wagyu Kobe style means🤔
Kobe is not a style it’s a specific meat. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Regular Contributor

Honored Contributor

@summergal1 wrote:
Can someone tell me what Wagyu Kobe style means🤔
Kobe is not a style it’s a specific meat. 🤦🏼‍♀️

@summergal1 - Check out the thread started by @Bonkers1 in the "Today's Special Value" forum. We talked about it there. I taught in Japan, so I know a little about Kobe and Wagyu beef. Looks like this TSV is coming from the Ohio Valley. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@summergal1 

Technically, wagyu refers to any of four specific Japanese breeds: Japanese Black, Japanese Shorthorn, Japanese Polled, and Japanese Brown. (Kobe beef comes only from Japanese Black, for example.)

Any Japanese cattle breeds besides these four (and they do exist) should not be called wagyu, Mori confirms.

Kobe is one kind of wagyu. There are many.

All Kobe is wagyu. Not all wagyu is Kobe.

I suggest reading online about it - it's VERY confusing, however, Food & Wine had articles about this subject that were LESS confusing than most.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

Honored Contributor

@summergal1   Hit the Show Now button for the burgers and read under the description and it is explained there.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby  With the word "style" after the name of the beef, does that mean it's not the real thing just made to look like Kobe Wagyu?

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle 

You think just like I do  - - -  I could not locate anything online from trusted food sources like Food and Wine or America's Test Kitchen etc... that explained the same thing - I too thought usually the word style means it's NOT authentic. 

But I was at a loss to find this wording mentioned anywhere I searched.

I was hoping to find a concise explanation but came up empty handed.

Sorry my friend.