Honored Contributor

My son and I actually went thru 5-6  days  without power or water.

The power was connected to the water. We had our 3 dogs, lots of blankets, snow on the ground and could hardly open the door due to snow drifts.

We played card games, told stories,

had filled the bathtub with water and had bottled water. We had been warned.

It actually was a survival in the woods type exciting adventure and we did well until the last day I think we were pretty tired of it all and were so grateful and happy to see the power back on!

This was all during the infamous "snowmageddon."

So it is possible to survive. Just don't turn on generators with windows closed etc.And try to not panic but think of it as a pioneer adventure.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Thinking of all the people in texas.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking about you, too! And praying!

Do they not give you any heads up when they shut down the power?

Up here in rather cold PA, we had power, but our furnace decided to blow its motor Friday afternoon. Nobody comes out over the weekends! Luckily, we had space heaters and my mother's knitted blankets. But I sure know what it's like to be without power.

Respected Contributor

Love the pictures MW. Some for the Album.  Cozy Cricket, as allways!  Remember to put a cap on even indoors if your power goes out again.  keeps a Lot of body heat in.

Trusted Contributor

We are in day 5, no heat, no electricity, no cooking and is cold. Looks like a bomb went off back here in the woods so many trees and power lines down. Electric company says another 7-10 days without electric and not even considering tonites storm is predicted to be even worse. IM writing this on the last gallons of propane we can get for the limited generator power we have. Being in hsopice/palliative care Ive spent alot of time crying...my pain is thru the roof. Pray for us and those still without power and trees leaning toward our home.  xxxxxxxx Love Stormy

Esteemed Contributor

@Stormygirl. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

I was worried about you, papa and Cricket - Please be careful how you stay warm, layer up - avoid carbon minoxide please.

I am deeply disappointed in the use of Turbines, they are bird devastating and unreliable apparently during frigid weather.

I pray you are all safe ASAP.

Valued Contributor

Love the composition of the two deer.  You really are an artist.  If you lose power again send Cricket to me and we will keep her warm.  Hugs to Cricket.

Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick - glad you and yours are ok. I'll bet Cricket was glad to be under those layers.

Thank you for letting us know you are ok. I saw you had more bad weather on the way - stay safe and bundle up.

BTW, your pictures are lovely as always and the deer look quite comfortable in your yard.

Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick  Liittle puppers peeking out from the blankets is adorable  !!!!