Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Not much about 1 inch but it is very cold.  Very windy which makes it feel like 20 and tonight it will be 20 so hopefully the wind will calm down.  This is the earliest snow fall I can remember.  This is the Chicago area.  Born and raised in Chicago and the earliest snow sometimes was around Thanksgiving and now it is early November.  Snow anyone?  Cat HappyHeart

——-

I’m in SPOKANE. We had just a skiff today. It didn’t really stick on the roads, but it’s due to get cold tonight. 

Morning drivers, could see slick roads!  And yes, very early for snow!

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Katcat1

Oh my!  Are you in the city, or the suburbs?  My DS and DIL live downtown and I'm wondering if they had snow, too. 

@shoesnbags I live in the western suburbs of Chicago and we had maybe an inch.  Nothing stuck to the streets, just the trees and a bit on the grass and now we are headed into the deep freeze . . . wind chill? . . . in November? . . . yikes!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Katcat1

Oh my!  Are you in the city, or the suburbs?  My DS and DIL live downtown and I'm wondering if they had snow, too. 

@shoesnbags I live in the western suburbs of Chicago and we had maybe an inch.  Nothing stuck to the streets, just the trees and a bit on the grass and now we are headed into the deep freeze . . . wind chill? . . . in November? . . . yikes!

Guess I’ll have to ask them what it was like in the city. They’re both born and raised southerners who have adapted really well to the frigid weather in Chicago. All I can say is BRRRR!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags  I am in the suburbs.  Lived most of my life in the city and came out to the suburbs for peace except so did everyone else.  LOL

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624...I loved my winters when living in ABQ! I had Pekingese dogs and they loved playing in the snow with their beautiful thick coats!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Kachina624...I loved my winters when living in ABQ! I had Pekingese dogs and they loved playing in the snow with their beautiful thick coats!

@SurferWife.  We have the perfect snow situation; enough to be pretty but it disappears so fast, it doesn't inconvenience anyone.   My dogs love it too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

no thanks, we got it after it came across the lake.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in central NJ and no snow but we woke up to 45 this morning. and some frost on the windows on our cars. The weather changes from one day to the next  it was 64 the other day. I wish it would settle into some kind of a pattern . Oh well it is what it is.Woman Frustrated