Esteemed Contributor

We Are Offically Getting 2 New Family Members

My niece just called and invited us to the adoption proceedings for the 2 little kids they have been fostering.  A little guy 3 and his sister who just turned 2. My niece and her DH have had the kids since the little girl was 5 or 6 months old. Their family is doubling in size, they have their 2 boys 11 and 12 too.  The older boys are so good with the little kids and her husband heads to the girls clothes when they shop. Oh my gosh they are adorable. The little boy is smart as a whip and I have never seen a 2 yr. old as stubborn as the little girl is. If she is not happy she has a look that is hysterical. lol  I don't know how niece does with working but she does. Takes it all in stride. They wanted a big family but she has had several miscarriages before and after the 2 sons. Parental rights have been terminated and waiting for the exact date for adoption proceedings. We are all thrilled for them.Those kids are getting great parents and an extended family that loves them. Can't ask for more than that.

Honored Contributor

Re: We Are Offically Getting 2 New Family Members

Always nice to read positive news.  Best of luck to the growing family.

Respected Contributor

Wonderful news❤️Congratulations!

Regular Contributor

God bless your niece, her husband and two boys for opening their hearts to these children.  These two little munchkins are so blessed to be joining this very loving family.  Thank you for sharing such a loving story!

Esteemed Contributor

From what I was told the birth parents were both pieces of work.  Mom had a drug issue and the baby had to stay in the hospital after she was born, Mom was discharged and never even went back to see her.  The father went to see her but told someone "it was boring just sitting there".  I just understand people sometimes.

Oh, at 2 the little girl loves shoes already. lol  My niece said she has a pair of boots she loves and insists on wearing them to bed. She said you have to pick your battles and lets her wear them.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 how exciting for the family.  We tried to adopt, it just did not work out for us....congrats to the entire family.

Honored Contributor

What a lovely heart warming story 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Im glad the birth parents relinquished their parental rights and gave your family a beautiful gift. So happy to hear the wonderful news! What a day 😊

Esteemed Contributor

What wonderful news,congrats!! How nice to hear that  2 siblings have been adopted together into a loving home. What an unselfish act of love💐.

Esteemed Contributor

The 2 older boys are so thrilled.  They are very protective of them.  The little ones go to daycare 3 mornings a week while my niece works.  The 3 yr. old  had another little boy push him down, not hurt, just little kids being little kids. The 11 yr. old wanted to go with my niece to pick him up and "have a talk with the kid who pushed his brother". My niece said it's nice you want to stick up for him but you aren't talking to a 3 yr. old you are going to school.

Between dad and 3 older brothers that girl won't date until she's 30. lol