Super Contributor

Watched the Whitney Houston movie on On Demand this afternoon

Such a disappointment. It did not even go into her youth....starts when she is already pretty famous. It mostly was her love affair with Bobbie Brown. It made Bobbie look almost angelic. Barely touched her drug use and drinking ...their was nothing on her heroin use. I saw no purpose in why the movie was made. I think the producer was afraid to really show the downfall. It was a waste of film. I enjoyed the music which the actress lip sync the entire movie.
Honored Contributor

Re: Watched the Whitney Houston movie on On Demand this afternoon

Oh that's too bad...I won't watch if it's that sugar coated.....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

I thought it started too late and ended too early. There was so much left unsaid, and at times, I thought it seemed like the Bobby Brown story.
Honored Contributor

I didn't know about heroin, just crack, as she said herself she used. the movie did show that she used before Bobby was in her life.

Honored Contributor

I didn't love the movie, either. It seemed to be of a pretty narrow view, as well as a pretty small time period of her life.

I also watched the Bobby Brown interview piece that they aired after the movie and it was moderately interesting.

Super Contributor

I sensed the director/producer did not want to offend anyone with the truth....then why make a movie at all?
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/7/2015 annabella said: I sensed the director/producer did not want to offend anyone with the truth....then why make a movie at all?
I sensed that too, and it left me confused as to why her family was against it since it could have painted her in a much more negative way. I saw where Bobbi Kristina went on a Twitter rant after discovering she would not be in the movie. Does anyone know what role she wanted to play?
Super Contributor

On 2/7/2015 wildcat fan said:
On 2/7/2015 annabella said: I sensed the director/producer did not want to offend anyone with the truth....then why make a movie at all?
I sensed that too, and it left me confused as to why her family was against it since it could have painted her in a much more negative way. I saw where Bobbi Kristina went on a Twitter rant after discovering she would not be in the movie. Does anyone know what role she wanted to play?
She wanted to play her Mother.....the director told her they needed someone with more acting experience. I think the actress chosen did a very good job....just the storyline was bad.