Esteemed Contributor

Watched Local News, Found Hand Sanitizer.

Our local news talked to a woman whose family/co. makes perfume.  They now make hand sanitizer too. It's scent free from what I read.

I know distilleries were switching to hand sanitizer, but some were sold out. I checked the perfume company website and lo and behold they had some.

I ordered a bottle as well as a 3pkg. of purse size. I want to try it before ordering more than 1 bottle.

The best part is I didn't have to drive myself crazy searching all over God's green earth for it.

I don't know of I can post the name without getting into trouble.  I know you can't post some things.

Honored Contributor

Re: Watched Local News, Found Hand Sanitizer.

@CrazyKittyLvr2Our local paper and local TV have been running stories about businesses working on adding all kinds of needed supplies -  some donating to care centers and charities, some just to earn enough to maintain their employees, and I suppose some lining their own pockets -  but if the latter - at least they're making something we need to do that!

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops  I too have seen companies making masks and such.  All the distilleries shown on our news had given away or sold what sanitizers they currently had in stock but were going to make more.

I was very surprised when I checked this companies website they actually had some in stock.

Honored Contributor

You cant post links but what makes you think you cant post the name of the place? You can.
Respected Contributor

Clark's Botanicals is selling hand sanitizer at a very reasonable price but they are only shipping 2-day FedEx, so it's $19 dollars to ship a bottle of hand sanitizer.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2This is one of those times that living the life I do has real advantages.  I know where I've been, what I've touched, when I brought what into the house, etc.  I don't need the sanitizer much at all.  

I do have lots of disinfectant wipes, liquid soap both antibacterial and not, some sanitizer and some paper masks.  I do wish I had more gloves but because I'm committed to staying home way more than I ever thought I would, I'll get by with those I have.

Can't even imagine feeling at all safe in my area if I had to go out to work, if I had to manage a job and home schooling, if I were a caretaker at home or in a facility.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday at the grocery they had a big spray bottle and paper towels for the carts.  Took another big shot for the trip home.  Nice.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@millieshops   You and I both.  I keep a bottle of sanitizer in the car and use it as I get in from being in a public place.  After about a year in the sweltering heat, then freezing cold car, I toss the bottle and buy a new one.  I never use it in the house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We've had wipes but no hand sanitizer since this whole thing started.   We haven't gone out looking for it but have looked in the grocery store when we've gone shopping.  If we'd seen some, we might have bought it (although I hate that stuff) but haven't seen any.