Super Contributor

Hi Burnsite,

The cat options are all at the top of the emoticon list. at the smiley face.

I do think that most of the emoties all look like Pac Man.

And how many years ago was THAT the thing?

Maybe we're in a time machine.

Super Contributor

Summersun,

I don't think that Viewpoints were ever wanted.

But I doubt the board name change will prevent them.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Kittylou!  I was looking in "Settings" but I see there's one here.Cat Happy  Excellent!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Was "Viewpoints"

[ Edited ]

I already see a post deleted by a Moderator due to "unkind personal attack", so I imagine that some of the ruckus in the old Viewpoints would not be tolerated much.  At least now a poster may get a reason for a disappearing post.

Respected Contributor

@KittyLouSoutenu wrote:

I guess I should be glad I'm a "Super Contributor" instead of, I don't know, a "POS Contributor"

LOL!

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Perhaps, does it really matter?  Viewpoints was just a name and there was so much "cross over" that people posted whatever they wanted to say on whatever forum they chose to use.  That won't change.   The cat fighting wasn't limited to Viewpoints.  Once people get accustomed to and comfortable with moving around this new board; I don't think anything will change at all.    

ITA That's exactly how it was and how it will be again once things settle down.

I remember the uproar and upset after the last big change. It took a week or so before the dust settled, things got tweaked, and everyone settled down.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Hi, kitty, They are encouraging our use of credit cards, but not the use of our brains?

Still, I would bet that discussions will go on as before, and that the rules will be invoked only if and when the posters who like to squash discussions press the "I object" button.  (It's the opposite of the "heart" one, I guess.)

Generally, whern people use their brains they don't use their credit cards nearly as much, so they would discourage the using of our brains.

Contributor

HEY ! what happened to my answer?

Honored Contributor

JohnnyEager wrote:

I already see a post deleted by a Moderator due to "unkind personal attack", so I imagine that some of the ruckus in the old Viewpoints would not be tolerated much.  At least now a poster may get a reason for a disappearing post.

i believe another thread was deleted this morning pretty quickly also. it was a thread congratulating alberti on his upcoming wedding.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Was "Viewpoints"

[ Edited ]

The quoting thing isn't showing up very well.

all the smilies look alike.