Super Contributor

too contentious a word to use?  Will calling the "new" board Community Chat make it less likely that people will argue or something?

I don't even know if I like the new format yet.  I just got here after several days of not coming by.

Honored Contributor

They would prefer we chat instead of expressing our views I guess.  By the time I find what I want to chat about I'm worn out from searching and no longer want to chat.  Have fun "looking and dancing" around kitty. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor
Evidently it was, KittyLou !

I'm not a fan of the changes but think they're trying to stifle negative comments about everything from Viewpoints to products to hosts.

I'm thinking they want only positive feedback on their site.
Super Contributor

I don't know if I have the desire to figure out all the new stuff.

I may just spin out of control.

Respected Contributor

Hi, kitty, They are encouraging our use of credit cards, but not the use of our brains?

Still, I would bet that discussions will go on as before, and that the rules will be invoked only if and when the posters who like to squash discussions press the "I object" button.  (It's the opposite of the "heart" one, I guess.)

Super Contributor

I guess I should be glad I'm a "Super Contributor" instead of, I don't know, a "POS Contributor"

Super Contributor

Yes, it makes perfect sense that all negativity will be a thing of the past by the change in Forum name.

Cat Tongue

So far the best thing are the cat emoties, even though they all look pretty much alike.

Occasional Contributor
Yikes first time posting in this new world. I guess viewpoints are not wanted anymore. How sad.
Respected Contributor

Perhaps, does it really matter?  Viewpoints was just a name and there was so much "cross over" that people posted whatever they wanted to say on whatever forum they chose to use.  That won't change.   The cat fighting wasn't limited to Viewpoints.  Once people get accustomed to and comfortable with moving around this new board; I don't think anything will change at all.    

Respected Contributor

Kittylou, I like the cat emotie! 

I don't see cats on the list of options:  they have men, women, robot and smiley?  Where did you find it?  TIA.  I had hopes for robot, but ... no.  The image doesn't look like a robot.