Honored Contributor

Wanted to share. I got an email back from the author of one of the books I've read.

She's so sweet to have done this. I posted the title of her book back a ways. It deals with her and her husband living in Alaska. I was so tickled she took the time to respond and told me she's working on a 2nd book (continuing saga of living in Alaska). She did a great job on the first book. She's younger than I am so she's still working an outside the home job. Plus, she's very busy around her house. That sounds just like her! Really nice couple, so I'll look forward to her second book.

Have you ever had an author respond or been to a book signing? I haven't been to a book signing ever!!

Super Contributor

Re: Wanted to share. I got an email back from the author of one of the books I've read.

How nice! Please post the title/author again, so we don't have to dig.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wanted to share. I got an email back from the author of one of the books I've read.

WINDS OF SKILAK By Bonnie Rose Ward. It really was good! Thanks for asking.

Super Contributor

nice to hear..

Valued Contributor

Yes, I correspond with Heather Gudenkauf and what a sweet person she is! She sent me her book "Little Mercies" even though I had an ARC so read it already, but it is definitely a little bit different from the ARC copy so now I have 2 and will give the other one away.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I wrote to Lou Manfredo after reading and loving the "Rizzo" books. He was very nice and told me I made his day.

I have tried before to get the Winds of Skilak book but my library just doesn't have it.

Honored Contributor

So nice when authors take the time Smiley Happy

I wrote to Erin Morgenstern to tell her how much I LOVED "The Night Circus." I got a really nice, not generic response from her. It felt great (although I've always wondered if some intern at the publishing house really wrote it, LOL).

Respected Contributor

I've been corresponding with Allison Brennan about her books for a couple years. I was shocked the first time I sent her an email and she responded back the same night. And it wasn't a typical canned response - she actually answered my questions and chatted about the things I discussed about her book. It was a really nice and very unexpected.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Esteemed Contributor

I correspond with Laura Levine. She's such a lovely lady and really enjoy hearing from her.

I've also corresponded with other authors, such as Hilma Wolitzer, whose books I just adore.

It's fun to hear from authors who create such enjoyment for us.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

Most authors are on Facebook and are only too happy to answer your questions. You get to know a lot about these people by their replies to friends and fans. Dean Koontz is by far my favorite author and his replies are scintillating and fun!