Esteemed Contributor

I'm sticking with Prime. 

Honored Contributor

While I do order from Walmart, I have found shipping is not always reliable and have had many emails cancelling items and saying I could reorder because there was a shipping error.  Not everything is avialable for mail delivery either.  Amazon is way better for me.

Honored Contributor

For me, there are more reasons than shopping to not shop at Amazon; although, I do on occasion.

I'd rather pay a bit more elsewhere than shop there.  

Respected Contributor

Amazon may not be cheaper on every single item every time but in general I find it cheaper most of the time.  And Prime shipping is fast - even in these times.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Prime.  It was 129 last year.  I get deliveries almost daily.  If you have their credit card you get 5% back.  I have saved almost $300.00 this year alone using it.  I do price compare and most things i buy are cheaper then walmart or walmart don't carry it.   

I love having things dropped at my door. It has been great during Covid.  I also love the music and things you can do with Alexa.  Sometimes things are cheaper if you use Alexa to order.  I can't imagine being without it now. 

I highly recommend getting their credit card if you join and don't have one, because you get 5% back on every purchase and sometime more on special occasions.    

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe   Remember years ago when banks had Christmas Clubs and deposited your selected amount weekly?  Well Amazon is my free Christmas Club and I use it to buy special Christmas Gifts. Got a play station one year. Love Prime

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@BalletBabe   Remember years ago when banks had Christmas Clubs and deposited your selected amount weekly?  Well Amazon is my free Christmas Club and I use it to buy special Christmas Gifts. Got a play station one year. Love Prime

@mspatmac    Yes, I do remember that.  I have llike 40.00 just from last month alone.  It is amazing what you can save.  Ilove it.  That is a great idea on saving it but usually I need it   LOL   Like I need a ladder so that is going towards the ladder.  It is fun.  Maybe too much fun  LOL  You know I live alone  (widow)  I love if I get sick which is rare but last year I did and I ordered my cough syrups and aspirin.  It was great at my door the next day.  I alsoorder like heavy stuff.  I get that Breakfast essentials.  It is the same price as Walmart and sometimes cheaper, but I order like 4 six packs and sometimes more and it is heavy.  I love Prime.  I used to order my dogs food also because of the big bag.  She has since passed away but I can get my Parrots food cheaper then at Walmart.  

Trusted Contributor

I refuse to pay for a Prime membership.  I tried once years ago and didn't use it enough to take advantage.   Typically if I'm placing an order it would have been over the minimum for free shipping anyway. Don't have any use to pay for one from Walmart either.  

I'm not in love with shopping at Walmart and know it doesn't always have the best pricing.  While my house was in COVID quarantine Walmart's (and Sams's) grocery pick up was a life saver, convenient and FREE.  Its not hard to spend $35 to get free shipping either from Walmart - I ordered toilet paper, paper towels and 1 other thing and was over 35.  If you shop right there is no need to pay for a shopping membership.  If you are really placing multiple orders for something which costs under $10 you have a different problem.

I've also saved myself money at Target by using their oder pick up instead of going inside the store. Easiest way to stick to my list and not fall victim to impulse purchases.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE    I will stick with Target where I receive free shipping having the red card.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

We definitely get our money's worth with Prime. Sometimes I do use Target. Very rarely do I use Walmart.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland