Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of anyones self check-out lanes.  I am usually there on Saturdays and they have plenty of lines open.

90 day return policy?  Would never expect a store to take anything back after 30 days let alone 90.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not even sure our Wal-mart has any self check out counters.  I REFUSE to use them so I don't ever pay attention.  They probably have a couple. 

Our Meijer store has had several of them for years.  I used it once and said never again.  Of course, I didn't know what I was doing and it kept yelling at me because I would do something wrong.  No directions posted anywhere either.  A few months ago I was at the Meijer store and the check out lines were really backed up.  An employee came and got me and said she could take me through the self check aisle.  I told her I didn't want to use it and she said not to worry because she would do it all.  She scanned everything but then left.  I couldn't even figure out where to insert my credi card and there was something else I couldn't figure out until she was free to come help (which took awhile)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: Walmart ???

[ Edited ]

My Walmart has had self-checkouts for over a year (which I loved), but when I went last week I noticed that they took them all out and put the cash registers back. I asked an associate why the change and she said too much theft was happening, even with the associates watching and the camera recording the transaction.

@CherryHugs Walmart has always had a 90 day return policy. Target also has a 90 day return policy, but if you have the Target Red Card (I have the Target Red Debit Card) you get an additional 30 days to return - for a total of 120 days and also free shipping on everything.

Honored Contributor

My local Walmart has a ‘pickup tower’.

This is way over my purchase needs, but has anyone used this?

00A4AA6B-7E6C-4DD7-8DF5-6E4795BAC138.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom my local Walmarts do not have this but I wish they did. I shop so much at Walmart - online and in the store. The site-to-store person knows  me by name and I use the app to "check-in" from the car so when I get there she is waiting for me with my packages.

Respected Contributor

I figured that if I was paying for the stuff, Walmart could at least check me out. Then, they took out all but ONE of the cashier-operated check lanesI I only went there for cat food, anyway, so I don’t go to Walmart at all anymore. I never liked it, anyway! They lost a customer.

Of course, I could check myself out, but why should I have to? What next! Making my own omelet at IHOP?

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@sidsmom my local Walmarts do not have this but I wish they did. I shop so much at Walmart - online and in the store. The site-to-store person knows  me by name and I use the app to "check-in" from the car so when I get there she is waiting for me with my packages.

@DJs mom 

Wow! That’s service!

Honored Contributor

My Walmart store opens for business at 5 am and that's when I do my shopping on Sunday morning. Many of the regular check-outs have been removed and replaced with self-checkout stations which I never use. At 5 am Sunday morning there is never a line at the regular check-out so that's where I go and I'm in and out in snap.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

My local Walmart has a ‘pickup tower’.

This is way over my purchase needs, but has anyone used this?

00A4AA6B-7E6C-4DD7-8DF5-6E4795BAC138.jpeg

@sidsmom ,

I use this at least two or more times a month. Best thing ever!

Honored Contributor

hate them--if there is a problem takes for ever to get someone to help