Honored Contributor

I don't go in Walmart, but my husband gets his prescription there.  He says it's filthy dirty.  Nobody at any stations.  You can't get anyone at all to help you.  This is a Super Walmart too.  Not a little rinky dink store.  They sell food there too.  I lost my appetite just hearing that. 

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Walmart should be sued for false advertising.  Its commercials depict a beautiful store that's clean and orderly with happy, friendly employees - in short, a place where anyone would want to shop.  The reality is however much different - in short, a place you can't wait to escape.

Not my experience at all. I actually look forward to my Walmart excursions.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

WalMart is a low end store, with low end pay, low end prices and low end bags.

You get what you pay for, bags included

Bring your own bags. It’s a win win for the environment and for you 

“...low end bags”??

Giggle

I would never degrade a big-box store, like Walmart. 

They have the same goods & merchandise as any big-box store.

And more likely, many people depend on this store in their community.

@sidsmom   She's referring to the bags used at check out, not hand bags.

See the original post and others-the bags used at check out are not sturdy and tend to rip.

Using more bags may be a solution, packing them lightly, but that means more plastic leaving the store and ending up who knows where.

I know that she was referring to the plastic checkout bags....

and I stand behind my giggle.

It’s a stretch to pick on the grocery bags...like what does that

have to do with anything?  Again, use reusable bags...

which we should be doing on a regular basis, anyway. 

@sidsmom   I had already removed the hand bag line realizing it was a mistake on my end.

It isn't a stretch when more bags are needed because the bags rip.  More bags needed, more that end up in our environment.

Her complaint was valid.

I already posted about reusable bags long ago on this thread.

Enjoy your day.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

“...low end bags”??

Giggle

@sidsmom Exaclty! Walmart sells the same brands as Target and the supermarket. I can buy the same exact roll of paper towels at Walmart and my grocery store, but guess who has a beter price on them?

Honored Contributor

Mine is clean but I'm still not very fond of going there.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone have cats here?

Or young babies with diapers?

I always re-use the plastic bags for things like that.

I use the Breeze system with the pads underneath and put them in the plastic bags then in the larger can.

I don't know what I would do without them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

There are over 4,000 Walmart/Sams club stores in the US.  Do not like the one by you find another Walmart or other store to shop.  One is not indicative of all. The Target store by me is the dirtiest store I have ever seen. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

I feel so frazzled when I come home from Walmart. They need some kind of therapy booth in there. Ours is like some kind of circus. 🤪

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I only go for canned or boxed items, toiletries & cleaning supplies & name brand meat (I.e.  Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon & a few other refrigerated items.  I load everything on the belt but the toiletries & cleaning supplies are always next to last.  Any refrigerated items are last.  That way it's easier for them to bag the cleaning items/toiletries together and the same for any refrigerated items.  If a bag is heavy, they will always double bag it.  They'll also wrap something like TB cleaner in a separate bag but will throw it in the same bag as my other cleaning supplies.  Bags are not the issues at my local WM.

My WM is an older store and is used heavily.  They are reorganizing the grocery section but it's taking a long time (well over 4 weeks).  Once it is done, it appears it will be much more efficient.

@shoptilyadropagain , when I unload the cart at the supermarket there is a method to the way I do it, much like yours however the cashier feels she can just go willy-nilly through the stuff and bag it any way she feels like until you tell her to stop and ring it up and bag it the way I put it on the belt.

@CelticCrafter , I guess I've been pretty lucky as my like items are normally put together in the same bag or two.  I know, they've missed something occasionally but, overall, I'm pretty pleased with how they bag my groceries, etc.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

“...low end bags”??

Giggle

@sidsmom Exaclty! Walmart sells the same brands as Target and the supermarket. I can buy the same exact roll of paper towels at Walmart and my grocery store, but guess who has a beter price on them?

@DJs mom 

Yes!  I know people like to compare Walmart to Target but that’s

really apples to oranges.

Target doesn’t have near the number of retail outlets as Walmart.

If one complains about the cleanliness of a retail outlet,

it’s usually indicative of the neighborhood they’re shopping in.

Believe me...there are some questionable (clean & safety) Target stores

in parts of the DFW metroplex! =:0