Respected Contributor

Walmart Websites: Watch Out!

This morning I wanted to order some items to be shipped and discovered they had combined the grocery pickup and Walmart.com websites into one. What a mess! Everything I had saved for later is now mixed in with a grocery cart I was filling. I gave up.

Their customer service said they combined the two websites overnight and there are a few glitches. This doesn't meet my definition of glitch. It's unusable.

Let us know if you're having success in your area. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Walmart Websites: Watch Out!

I have had a combined opening page for quite awhile.  In the upper left top I can choose Pick up/delivery OR walmart.com.  my carts are separate and all my previous grocery items are available to view. 

Honored Contributor

No problems here. I just placed a grocery pick-up order this morning and my cart was the same as it always is, separate from the dot com site.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good news! It's back the way it used to be. I told customer service to tell the vice-president who had approved the new concept to unapprove it.

They must have taken it down to get it right. The rep had told me "From now on everything will be together in one list and you'll have to choose pickup, ship or delivery for each item."

Glad no one else had to deal with this. It might have been a test in my area.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm cutting back Walmart online shopping. On groceries, you can only buy what they want you to buy for shipping. And the packing? Last shipment was a big box with everything thing just thrown in with not one iota of separation!

Honored Contributor

I placed orders on both home delivery and dot com last night that are OK today; however, if CS says there's a problem, Walmart is working on fixing it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well that explains it!

This morning I went to the Wal-Mart website and was greeted with a page stating I was in their "waiting room".

Due to high volume I'd be let into the website shortly.

Never saw that before.

They must've been working on the issue then.

I left.

Went back a couple hours later and all seemed normal.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

This morning I wanted to order some items to be shipped and discovered they had combined the grocery pickup and Walmart.com websites into one. What a mess! Everything I had saved for later is now mixed in with a grocery cart I was filling. I gave up.

Their customer service said they combined the two websites overnight and there are a few glitches. This doesn't meet my definition of glitch. It's unusable.

Let us know if you're having success in your area. 

I went to their website last night. It's horrible. Glitches are one thing. A total mess is another.