Honored Contributor

tenor.gif

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Walgreens Masks

[ Edited ]

@Graydoxiechick wrote:

Can’t believe all you people with the masks,if you read the doctors say it pushes up your body temperature and you are breathing your own spit, my doctors suggest just hand washing and there will be no second wave, stop watching too much panic news.

@Graydoxiechick Your response is completely off topic. This post is about the masks the OP's husband found and bought her, not about why one should avoid masks or what your doctors tell you to do or about your doctors' ideas about hand washing and prevention of a second wave. It's also not about watching panic news. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Graydoxiechick wrote:

Can’t believe all you people with the masks,if you read the doctors say it pushes up your body temperature and you are breathing your own spit, my doctors suggest just hand washing and there will be no second wave, stop watching too much panic news.

Really? We have to wear masks to go in our doctors office. I have never heard any doctors say anything about it pushing up your body temperature. I don't believe that, actually. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just realized that for the past two weeks I've been picking up disinfecting wipes (not Clorox or Lysol) from CVS using 20 and 40% off (one item) coupons that are made in China.

On site, they have pics of Lysol wipes, but when you go in there, it is actually shorter tubs of an off brand.  Dummy me, I failed to look at where they were made.  I'm hoping I can return them.

I'm not buying anything manufactured in China (and many other countries) if I can find it made in the US.  Has everything to do with climate change, carbon footprints and questionable ingredients and animal testing.

Honored Contributor
We have had a mandatory mask order for months. Second nature for us now. I draw the line, however, at wearing one outside when I am alone and am out for a walk, I keep it in my pocket but so far, other walkers and I just cross to other parts of the trail so we are never close.
Honored Contributor
I was at the dr today and everyone entering the building had to be wearing a mask or was refused admission to the facility. It is a 10 story medical office building. The dr. had a mask on the entire time I saw her. I asked her what else we can do besides wearing a mask, keeping our distance from others, and washing our hands often. She said that is all one can do until there is a vaccine, and no vaccine is 100% which we all know.
Super Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I just realized that for the past two weeks I've been picking up disinfecting wipes (not Clorox or Lysol) from CVS using 20 and 40% off (one item) coupons that are made in China.

On site, they have pics of Lysol wipes, but when you go in there, it is actually shorter tubs of an off brand.  Dummy me, I failed to look at where they were made.  I'm hoping I can return them.

I'm not buying anything manufactured in China (and many other countries) if I can find it made in the US.  Has everything to do with climate change, carbon footprints and questionable ingredients and animal testing.

I had done the same thing but for their bottles of hand sanitizers at CVS. After I got home I saw they were made in China & I returned them with no problem. Evidently they had many returns on these bottles as the cashier said you are returning them because they are made in China without me saying a thing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Walgreens Masks

[ Edited ]

I am seeing masks being sold more places now online and in the few stores I have been in...but the prices vary wildly. Not sure the price indicates the quality necessarily, though. I am not finding hand sanitizers with alcohol...just some ingredients I don't know, so I have passed on them. I know to aviod methanol, but not sure about some of the other "mystery ingredients" in many of them. I still have enough for awhile, but can't find any alcohol to make my own. It still seems to be in short supply.