Honored Contributor
Yes I saw shrink-wrapped ones, plastic bags of them and boxes. I'm writing about the ones I saw online and locally at the store today being made in China so that people who go looking for them still check where they are from, like I did. It would have been easy to go to the store today having read the OP, seen a box and taken it thinking it was made in CA. So my posts are a heads up to still be cautious and to also read they ingredients in hand sanitizer as I posted on another thread.

I have read the OP so no need to keep reminding me of it.
Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
The ones online -50 for $29.99-say made in China.

Yes, those are made by a different manufacturer than the ones being discussed in this thread that were purchased in the store.

@SusieQ_2, I purchased a 50 count box at my Walgreen's store and they were made in China.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Walgreens Masks

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I love my multi-layer 100% cotton masks.  They are washable and much easier to wear than disposable and many other typies of fabric masks.  I wash and hang dry.

Lands End added some triple layer cotton masks on their website this week.  3 for $14.95 is pretty cheap considering they are 3 layers and compared to what others are charging.

@CalminHeart If you need an extra set or 2, everything at Lands End is 50% off, I guess for the HOLIDAY, the code is at the top of their page.

According to the product page, the 50% discount doesn't apply to these masks.  @CalminHeart I also don't see where they are triple layer.

• 100% cotton jersey knit
  • Elastic ear loops
  • Antimicrobial fabric finish
  • Machine wash up to 20 times
  • Imported

Easy wear, jersey-knit face mask.

This non medical face mask designed for everyday tasks is made from comfortable, 100% cotton jersey knit. The fabric's antimicrobial finish is AMB-10 (a mixture of silver and copper) and is machine washable, up to 20 times. 

I emailed Lands End and they said the masks are 3 layers.  I will wash them as many times as needed.  It may well be more than 20 which still results in 3 layers vs. the 2 layers found most other places.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Susie-Q2. @Jackhound Mom

I just returned from Walgreens. All the hand sanitizer they had ( the first I've seen at out WGs and that had lots) including that Raw Sugar tube if it, was made of ethyl alcohol. I'm not buying that.

Also they had masks: boxes of 50, bags of 50, and bags of 20. All were made on China, I looked at every one. The box was the same as the one online.

@Pearlee- The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with at least 60% ethanol or 75% isopropanol.  I'm curious as to why you say you won't buy sanitizer with ethanol?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
Yes I saw shrink-wrapped ones, plastic bags of them and boxes. I'm writing about the ones I saw online and locally at the store today being made in China so that people who go looking for them still check where they are from, like I did. It would have been easy to go to the store today having read the OP, seen a box and taken it thinking it was made in CA. So my posts are a heads up to still be cautious and to also read they ingredients in hand sanitizer as I posted on another thread.

I have read the OP so no need to keep reminding me of it.

This is what you posted to both @Jackhound Mom and myself ~

"Also they had masks: boxes of 50, bags of 50, and bags of 20. All were made on China, I looked at every one. The box was the same as the one online." @Pearlee 

So first you @ me to say all the masks were made in China and now you're saying you saw the masks that were made in CA? With all due respect, those are two very different statements and your posts aren't making sense (to me). Maybe it's me and I'm having a confusing day, lol.

I'm going to take your word that you're simply trying to give a heads up about some other brand of mask. It's very thoughtful of you and I'm sure appreciated by those who might have an issue buying goods made in China as well as someone who might not want ethyl alcohol in their hand sanitizer. I don't share those concerns but I imagine their are people who do so... good job! Smiley Happy

eta ~ @Pearlee , after re-reading what you wrote I see you didn't actually say you saw the masks made in LA. However...if they are the same shrink wrapped masks I bought--which I assumed due to the shrinkwrap-- they were made in CA. 

I would imagine there are many types of masks made from many different places in the marketplace. Gotta admit...don't care. But I did want to apologize for saying you said something when I see that's not the case. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2,  are the masks you are talking about by Kitsch fabric or disposable?

If disposable you may be interested in this:  https://www.importgenius.com/importers/kitsch-llc

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
The ones online -50 for $29.99-say made in China.

Yes, those are made by a different manufacturer than the ones being discussed in this thread that were purchased in the store.

@SusieQ_2, I purchased a 50 count box at my Walgreen's store and they were made in China.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to get across to me @Marp .

I bought masks in Walgreens that were made in CA but no where did I say Walgreens doesn't carry other brands, in other configurations, made in other locations. 

Personally, I have no problem buying a product from China--unless I have another choice readily available at a price that isn't exorbitant. I guess you don't either since you made a purchase. So, I'm not sure I understand why you posted this to me? 

I just saw your latest post to me and I'm sorry if this sounds rude but, no, not really interested. All I know is I bought some masks that were made in CA. Geez, it's like saying that is some type of crime, lol.

Jk, of course, but I'm definitely rethinking having answered Maggie's question. I really should have let @Jackhound Mom field that one. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
@SusieQ_2. Oh for goodness sakes, don't get yourself on an uproar. All the masks I looked at at that one particular Walgreen's in my particular city ---- today. That doesn't mean all the masks that Walgreen's is selling everywhere. I wasn't
disputing your post which is how you are taking mine. The purpose of my posts is what I stated above which you seem to be ignoring.
Honored Contributor
The shrink wrapped masks I saw, which were the ones I ended up buying clearly say made in China on them and have another label that is written all in Chinese. Thet are shrink wrapped and NOT made in CA.The ones I bought and all that I saw today, which is not saying that none are.