Esteemed Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

DH got me a package 20 masks for $12.99 at the register in our local store.  They are so much better than the ones we got at the Fort PX store for $5 each limit 2.  The new ones are much lighter, comfortable and cheaper!  Happy camper here!

Where were they made?

@Maggie Nolia 

I bought the same masks from Walgreens. They're made by a brand called Kitsch and were manufactured in Los Angeles, CA. As was previously mentioned the 20 pack was $12.99. The 50 pack was $29.99. 

I also bought some really nice hand sanitizer at Walgreens from a brand called Raw Sugar. It's moisturizing and smells like coconut and lemon verbena. The price was $5.99 for a 9 oz tube--looks like the type of tube hand cream comes in from B&BW. 

Valued Contributor

In my state if we are at a retail establishment, or doctor's office or any public place we are required to wear masks.

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2  Thank you!  I was just getting ready to look!

Valued Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

Two incidences at 2 different stores made me very glad to be wearing a mask.  One was a store employee who had removed his mask and decided to sing and really belted out a song deeply and loudly.  I turned and walked the other way straight out the door - was ready to go anyway. The other incident was a stocker who was trying to speak to another who couldn't hear him and so he pulled down his mask and literally shouted to this man who was at the other end of the aisle.  Again, I turned around because I had no intention of walking into his respiration/droplets.  Something I'd never even think about before this pandemic.  Like I said before.....I do not want a 10" plastic tube inserted into my throat.  If you do, then go ahead and tempt fate! 

What you describe is two people removing masks that protected you, while you kept wearing your mask that protects them. It doesn't protect you unless it's an N95. What did protect you was leaving the area of the singing employee and avoiding the other guy. Good moves. But counting on your mask for protection for you? Not the way it works. Not with the masks we're wearing.

Maybe the authoritays aren't trying to hammer this home because 1, we'll all start clamoring for N95s and want answers as to why, months into this, they still aren't available to us, and 2, people will decide that since others aren't wearing masks, thereby protecting those around them, why should any of us do it? Why should you protect the jerk who started singing, or the employees who demasked, thereby potentially exposing anyone around them to their droplets?

But as long as so many think that their scrim of pleated calico from etsy with coffee filter insert makes them safe from infection, they'll wear their masks. 

@noodleann I did what I could under the circumstances and my scrim of pleated calico from etsy with coffee filter (how did you know) was better than nothing.  Cat Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@SusieQ_2  Thank you!  I was just getting ready to look!

@Jackhound Mom 

It seems we've had each other's back. When I found the masks I was going to start a thread to let people know to look for them and then I saw yours and didn't need to. It's nice how that worked out. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
The ones online -50 for $29.99-say made in China.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
The ones online -50 for $29.99-say made in China.

Yes, those are made by a different manufacturer than the ones being discussed in this thread that were purchased in the store.

Honored Contributor
@Susie-Q2. @Jackhound Mom

I just returned from Walgreens. All the hand sanitizer they had ( the first I've seen at out WGs and that had lots) including that Raw Sugar tube if it, was made of ethyl alcohol. I'm not buying that.

Also they had masks: boxes of 50, bags of 50, and bags of 20. All were made on China, I looked at every one. The box was the same as the one online.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I love my multi-layer 100% cotton masks.  They are washable and much easier to wear than disposable and many other typies of fabric masks.  I wash and hang dry.

Lands End added some triple layer cotton masks on their website this week.  3 for $14.95 is pretty cheap considering they are 3 layers and compared to what others are charging.

@CalminHeart If you need an extra set or 2, everything at Lands End is 50% off, I guess for the HOLIDAY, the code is at the top of their page.

According to the product page, the 50% discount doesn't apply to these masks.  @CalminHeart I also don't see where they are triple layer.

• 100% cotton jersey knit
  • Elastic ear loops
  • Antimicrobial fabric finish
  • Machine wash up to 20 times
  • Imported

Easy wear, jersey-knit face mask.

This non medical face mask designed for everyday tasks is made from comfortable, 100% cotton jersey knit. The fabric's antimicrobial finish is AMB-10 (a mixture of silver and copper) and is machine washable, up to 20 times. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Susie-Q2. @Jackhound Mom

I just returned from Walgreens. All the hand sanitizer they had ( the first I've seen at out WGs and that had lots) including that Raw Sugar tube if it, was made of ethyl alcohol. I'm not buying that.

Also they had masks: boxes of 50, bags of 50, and bags of 20. All were made on China, I looked at every one. The box was the same as the one online.

@Pearlee 

Yes, my hand sanitizer has ethyl alcohol as the active ingredient. I have no problem with it, and as I said it leaves my hands feeling and smelling great. I guess that's a matter of to each their own.

The brand of masks which are being discussed in this thread (though you've now introduced another brand) are made in Los Angeles, CA. The masks you're talking about that come in a box are not the same masks--not the same brand. The masks @Jackhound Mom  and I bought are wrapped in plastic wrap and didn't come in a box.

I don't know how many other ways I can say it, lol, and I don't mean that in a snarky way at all but just to say it's been said several times now. 

I'm sorry you weren't able to find them in your local store. Maybe keep checking or call another Walgreens in your area if you have them and good luck! Smiley Happy