Valued Contributor

Re: Walgreens Masks

[ Edited ]

Two incidences at 2 different stores made me very glad to be wearing a mask.  One was a store employee who had removed his mask and decided to sing and really belted out a song deeply and loudly.  I turned and walked the other way straight out the door - was ready to go anyway. The other incident was a stocker who was trying to speak to another who couldn't hear him and so he pulled down his mask and literally shouted to this man who was at the other end of the aisle.  Again, I turned around because I had no intention of walking into his respiration/droplets.  Something I'd never even think about before this pandemic.  Like I said before.....I do not want a 10" plastic tube inserted into my throat.  If you do, then go ahead and tempt fate! 

Respected Contributor

"you people". @Graydoxiechick  Im really glad you showed who you are so that I can easily ignore any future posts you make. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I was in Walgreens recently and didn't see any so I asked a young man stocking and showed me where they had a few boxes on a shelf. They did have them as you said -- 50 for $29.99.  I thought this was a great price.  When I went to check out, the lady told me they were giving senior discount of 20%, so I got them for even less.  I had paid on line recently about double this price for the same amount.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom  Buy yourself one you can wash and you will save more money.  Check out Amazon and Walmart.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Target also has these masks. They are a little more expensive 20 for $15.99. I picked up a box to keep in m car. I don't go anywhere without a mask. I listen to the scientists and medical professionals and they say wear a mask. If I am wearing a mask and you are wearing a mask and we come in contact we are cutting way down on a possible spread of the virus if either of us is infected. 

Honored Contributor

I love my multi-layer 100% cotton masks.  They are washable and much easier to wear than disposable and many other typies of fabric masks.  I wash and hang dry.

Lands End added some triple layer cotton masks on their website this week.  3 for $14.95 is pretty cheap considering they are 3 layers and compared to what others are charging.

Valued Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

DH got me a package 20 masks for $12.99 at the register in our local store.  They are so much better than the ones we got at the Fort PX store for $5 each limit 2.  The new ones are much lighter, comfortable and cheaper!  Happy camper here!

Where were they made?

Respected Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

Two incidences at 2 different stores made me very glad to be wearing a mask.  One was a store employee who had removed his mask and decided to sing and really belted out a song deeply and loudly.  I turned and walked the other way straight out the door - was ready to go anyway. The other incident was a stocker who was trying to speak to another who couldn't hear him and so he pulled down his mask and literally shouted to this man who was at the other end of the aisle.  Again, I turned around because I had no intention of walking into his respiration/droplets.  Something I'd never even think about before this pandemic.  Like I said before.....I do not want a 10" plastic tube inserted into my throat.  If you do, then go ahead and tempt fate! 

What you describe is two people removing masks that protected you, while you kept wearing your mask that protects them. It doesn't protect you unless it's an N95. What did protect you was leaving the area of the singing employee and avoiding the other guy. Good moves. But counting on your mask for protection for you? Not the way it works. Not with the masks we're wearing.

Maybe the authoritays aren't trying to hammer this home because 1, we'll all start clamoring for N95s and want answers as to why, months into this, they still aren't available to us, and 2, people will decide that since others aren't wearing masks, thereby protecting those around them, why should any of us do it? Why should you protect the jerk who started singing, or the employees who demasked, thereby potentially exposing anyone around them to their droplets?

But as long as so many think that their scrim of pleated calico from etsy with coffee filter insert makes them safe from infection, they'll wear their masks. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Graydoxiechick wrote:

Can’t believe all you people with the masks,if you read the doctors say it pushes up your body temperature and you are breathing your own spit, my doctors suggest just hand washing and there will be no second wave, stop watching too much panic news.

@Graydoxiechick    In case you haven't heard, many jurisdictions and businesses are now requiring them.  My whole state is under a mandate to wear them when outside.  You can't enter a Costco without one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I love my multi-layer 100% cotton masks.  They are washable and much easier to wear than disposable and many other typies of fabric masks.  I wash and hang dry.

Lands End added some triple layer cotton masks on their website this week.  3 for $14.95 is pretty cheap considering they are 3 layers and compared to what others are charging.

@CalminHeart If you need an extra set or 2, everything at Lands End is 50% off, I guess for the HOLIDAY, the code is at the top of their page.