Occasional Contributor

I ordered several of the Vera Bradley Miller totes for family members, all but 1 shipping to my home address.  As of today there is still one bag not received yet.  I checked the tracking status and why the bag started out in Bethlehem PA, sent to Avenel NJ, left there and sent to Urbancrest OH and now sitting in Warrendale PA awaiting transfer to my local post office in Saltsburg PA (Western PA outside of Pittsburgh)

What is up with all these ridiculous transfers when it was already in my home state???

Honored Contributor

@DR5799.  You ought to be able to figure out that all the shippers have terminals from which their trucks leave so that's where the packages have to go.  There is unlikely to be one in your neighborhood.  The shippers are still trying to get Christmas packages delivered so thing are running very slow.  I have 5 clothing items that have been in route from 3 hrs away for 2 days.  They'll get here eventually.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@DR5799.  You ought to be able to figure out that all the shippers have terminals from which their trucks leave so that's where the packages have to go.  There is unlikely to be one in your neighborhood.  The shippers are still trying to get Christmas packages delivered so thing are running very slow.  I have 5 clothing items that have been in route from 3 hrs away for 2 days.  They'll get here eventually.

She "ought to be able to figure out..."?

Typical.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee.  Even you ought to be able to figure that out.  Now go take your pills.

Trusted Contributor

The transfers are simply the routing of the products through the hubs.  Each shipment is scanned when offloaded from a truck or a plane.

I would contact the company you ordered from to look further into the shipping and see if they can help move it along.

I have had to do this a few times with items shipping using USPS.  Usually the company sends me a replacement as the original is lost within the system.

Honored Contributor

Re: Waiting on an item

[ Edited ]

I read facilities are so overloaded with packages, there's no room to unload the trucks.  So they are sent to other facilities that are able to process them.  That might explain why you see so many cities involved.

I'm expecting an UPS package picked up 4 days ago from a facility 60 miles from my house.  So far, received two delay notices from UPS. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pearlee.  Even you ought to be able to figure that out.  Now go take your pills.

@Kachina624  Gosh I'm not on any medication. Perhaps you just speak from your own frame of reference. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee. Its pretty obvious you should be.

Honored Contributor

Re: Waiting on an item

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pearlee. Its pretty obvious you should be.

My original comment to you was about your post. You come back with a personal insult about my mental health. Your character is showing.  @Kachina624