Honored Contributor

@On It   Even though the differenc is less than you expected, thanks so much for letting us who had no chance at all see that.  Both pictures, by the way, are lovely.

Just as I typed in that little paragraph the sun here in my part of coastal Palm Beach County came out from under today's cloud coverage and disappeared even before I managed to finish.

I can only hope that the cold front that was supposed to move in tomorrow is coming early.   I'm really looking forward to a few days of comfort in jeans and  a sweatshirt or sweater.  

Respected Contributor

Well, that was quick...  but cool!  

Esteemed Contributor

During the peak, it was eerily quiet here.  No birds chirping, no animals.  Just before, we had deer run through the yard with the does following.  They will usually stop to bed fed, but they had no interest. 

20231014_132807.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm underwhelmed.  Its not dark at all outside; the sky is still bright and blue, although the light is weird.  Its similar to what its like very late in the afternoon with long shadows.  The only place it's dark is in the house.

I'm afraid the first morning balloon glow is going to be a bust.  Its not dark enough and about 9am unexpectly a brisk breeze came up.  Even tethered they can't inflate balloons if it's windy.

@Kachina624     We got about 75% eclipse here.    It wasn't very impressive.....kinda "green" looking.     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥