Esteemed Contributor

Re: WOW--got my tax refund back!!

@wagirl Congratulations!!!😁 It made me smile to see such a POSITIVE post this morning!👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Regular Contributor

Refund???? What's a refund???? Woman Happy

I don't have anywhere near all of the paperwork that I need. It will be mid February before the brokerage 1099's are available, and even then there's typically a corrected version for at least one of them that pops up a week or so later. 

In the rare event that my accountant and I don't plan quite correctly and I get a refund, it just gets applied to my estimated taxes for the current year. I much prefer to owe a small amount. 

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Regular Contributor

@catmama wrote:

Got ours today too!  Amazing how easy it is to file now - especially when retired and no deductions available to use.

I don't think that being retired is a determing factor in having deductions. I've been completely retired for 15 years ( I retired very early) and still have plenty of itemized deductions. 

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Respected Contributor

Wow, apparently the IRS is "Freaky Fast" just like Jimmy Johns.

Honored Contributor

I've always done my own taxes, since I was a teen with my first job. This year I used TaxSlayer and my small refund was in my bank four days ago. It was very fast this year.

Honored Contributor

You are all welcome.

They drafted the required payment from my bank account within 24 hours last week. 

Enjoy my money. 💰😂😂😂

Respected Contributor

I have been doing my own taxes for years. I filed on Monday, waiting for my refund. Good to see the turnaround has been so quick !

Honored Contributor

i am with the OTHER group on this thread......

havent received all of my 1099s and some other financials that are needed before they are filed through my CPA. i am sure nothing will happen until later this month or into march perhaps.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady --Like I said--I have a very simple return and I can get all the neccessary IRS forms needed online --I had wait for my pension info but got  it 2 days before I filed. All my financial stuff is online to download as well as Social Security .

Frequent Contributor

Tax refund? are you serious.who gets a tax refund these days.