Honored Contributor

Re: WOW - Tony Awards show is amazing............

OMG that was a once in a lifetime experience

@lulu2 wrote:

Our (NYC) apartment is steps from the Beacon Theater.  Yesterday I moseyed on over to watch the Red Carpet arrivals and the out front performances.  I'm still in Heaven.  It was a once in a lifetime experience for me.

I saw Hamilton when it was in previews and have to say, back then I did not like it. Maybe it was because it was so different from any other Broadway show I'd seen and I didn't know how much rapping would be in the show. It gave me a major headache. I understand they've changed quite a bit.  I'm ready to give it another try.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Color me miffed, I got removed and all I posted was how much I enjoyed JC's opening and that I was trying to watch both the Tonys and the Stanley. That's it, that is all there was.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I was just reading the earlier posts about the Tony awards and realized a post of mine was deleted by the moderator for being political.  Wow, that is a first for me!!

-----------

That usually happens when you engage, which you did.

Noticed ALL yours were gone also.......

Correct. However you seem surprised that you were not given special privilege while I know when you go against the rules it can and usually happens.

You are very entertaining...

Esteemed Contributor

Last night's Tony show was very, very good.  It certainly is the best of any of the award shoes that get televised.  However I still think that the very best Tony opening number performance was Neil PAtrick Harris in 2013.  It was incredible and when you get a standing ovation from a theater full of Broadway performers as he did you know you have put on something pretty amazing.  It is available on You Tube.

Honored Contributor

Corden's opening number was simply amazing!! He will be nominated for an Emmy!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Last night's Tony show was very, very good.  It certainly is the best of any of the award shoes that get televised.  However I still think that the very best Tony opening number performance was Neil PAtrick Harris in 2013.  It was incredible and when you get a standing ovation from a theater full of Broadway performers as he did you know you have put on something pretty amazing.  It is available on You Tube.

Took your advice -  phenomenal  - today's   music artists and many movie actors and actresses should be embarrassed when they see this type of effort.

Super Contributor

Did anyone see Barbara S hand out  a award. My TV cut off right before the best play. It was a 3 hr. show. Loved Frank Langello acceptance speach.

Trusted Contributor

❤️❤️❤️  Love is love is love is love. ❤️❤️❤️

Trusted Contributor

My daughter, daughter-in-law and I saw Hamilton last night.