Super Contributor

WOW, Talk About Rude CS (HSN)

I had ordered four pairs of the Skinny Jeans TS.  They came and I can't figure out if there was a computer glitch or error or what but NOT one pair came in my size.  I have one XXS in wrong length, two were XS and not XXX, and one was a LARGE!!!.  I can see me making an error but I really don't think I would have ordered four different sizes.  So upon speaking with CS so I make sure to explain what happened so they were aware so it does not become more of a mess, I began to explain slowly and she interruped me -- I waited until she finished speaking and began to explain again and she interrupts me again.  So I asked her if I could please finish explaining the entire situation.  So I did and that's when she started to raise her voice at me ... like really loud.  Even my husband could hear her and he was sitting three feet away. I asked her to please not yell at me.   

Long story short, patience and letting the customer explain should be first priority in a call.  Politeness counts but that comes along with any situation.  It just upset me.  

I ended up just exchanging the one pair for the correct size because I had already done an exchange online (which she said she didn't see but I could see it was already packaging) and she placed another order with the incorrect size while I was trying to explain.  This is what I didn't want to happen.  I finally said I am just returning the other three pairs and wanted a full refund for this mess.  She said I would get a full refund but we will see.

That's my vent and frustration for the day.  I expect to have a relaxing rest of the day. 

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: WOW, Talk About Rude CS (HSN)

I can relate.  I was never big on hsn but I really backed away after a couple of cs encounters.

The last one was when they sent me a parcel with somebody else's order in it.  This person, unknown to me, lived somewhere in another part of the country.  I knew whose order it was because, while the box was labeled to me, the invoice was in the box with that person's personal and order info in it.  (back when you got invoices with orders)

It appeared to possibly be a holiday gift type of thing, so I called cs right away and told the story, so that I could get my stuff and the other person could get their stuff.

The cs person tersely advised me that I'd get my order in x time.  I asked about that other person's order and was told to just return that order to hsn.  I asked if they w/b sending that person their order at this point and was told no.   I was rather shocked.

She told me that, when that person doesn't get their order they can contact hsn and have it researched and re-shipped.   That just didn't seem right to me so I gave up on the situation and sent that person their order myself, with a note explaining that hsn sent me their order and I wanted them to get it asap.

It was like the cs person didn't care about the fact that that other person would never get their order on time because they had to wait a certain amount of time to wait for it when I freaking had the order in my hand!  

Super Contributor

Also not a fan of HSN....

Honored Contributor

@bcherry01 

That is a pet peeve of mine...someone interrupting before I have finished making my statement.  I always "watch" myself to make sure I don't do it, although it's tough sometimes with online meetings.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I"ve had to call CS at QVC more often than I have with HSN.  I guess I've been lucky in that I've only had one rude one from QVC and not one at all from HSN.  

Honored Contributor

I've watched HSN a time or three. Not impressed. Saw nothing that interested me.

Honored Contributor

I have discovered lately that many younger people do not have the capacity to listen.  They can talk, and they can hear, but they can't listen.  AND they are never wrong. 

Respected Contributor

I have never had anything but positive experiences with HSN and QVC Customer Service.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bcherry01 wrote:

I had ordered four pairs of the Skinny Jeans TS.  They came and I can't figure out if there was a computer glitch or error or what but NOT one pair came in my size.  I have one XXS in wrong length, two were XS and not XXX, and one was a LARGE!!!.  I can see me making an error but I really don't think I would have ordered four different sizes.  So upon speaking with CS so I make sure to explain what happened so they were aware so it does not become more of a mess, I began to explain slowly and she interruped me -- I waited until she finished speaking and began to explain again and she interrupts me again.  So I asked her if I could please finish explaining the entire situation.  So I did and that's when she started to raise her voice at me ... like really loud.  Even my husband could hear her and he was sitting three feet away. I asked her to please not yell at me.   

Long story short, patience and letting the customer explain should be first priority in a call.  Politeness counts but that comes along with any situation.  It just upset me.  

I ended up just exchanging the one pair for the correct size because I had already done an exchange online (which she said she didn't see but I could see it was already packaging) and she placed another order with the incorrect size while I was trying to explain.  This is what I didn't want to happen.  I finally said I am just returning the other three pairs and wanted a full refund for this mess.  She said I wohe uld get a full refund but we will see.

That's my vent and frustration for the day.  I expect to he fave a relaxing rest of the day. 

Smiley Happy

@bcherry01 

I would have hung up and called back and simply said "I want to talk to a Supervisor" and not accepted anything less, and made sure I got a name---and I would have said I have two issues and discussed the RUDE REP , and then the order mixup!!!  I know and understand mistakes happen, but there is NO EXCUSE to treat a customer that way!!! .....  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have been very lucky with HSN been a customer since 1995 and cant remember a nasty CS agent yet. But, my advice is if you feel you are getting nowhere, say thank you and hang up. Call back in a few minutes with a different agent and hope for a kinder response.