Esteemed Contributor

Me behave?  Seriously?

As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac Man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies that always had the munchies. 

The fault is not mine!   

I thought this would bring a smile to your face, lol it did mine!!!     

-----    

Most women are not looking for a man to take care of them anymore.  They're just looking for a man they don't have to take care of.   

--------

There's an unwritten rule that if you need something and it's available at your mom's house, its yours.

-----

Girls can't remember where they left their hair clip, but they remember what you said 5 years ago on Monday at 6:32 P.M.

-------

When things go wrong, and times are tough I just look up and say, "I know you are testing me, I will wait for the day you will reward me for being strong."

-----

Why do I keep pushing one for English?  I still can't get someone who can speak it.

-----

To be rich is not what you have in your bank account,  but what you have in your heart.

-----

Don't think about what can happen in a month.  Don't think about what can happen in a year.  Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.

------

"People will forget what you said,

People will forget what you did.

But people will never forget how

" You made them feel."

------

The doors will be opened to those

who are bold enough to knock.

------

You can't change whats going on around you

until you start changing whats going on

within you

-----

From all the drama, back stabbing, and tattling, sometimes I can't figure out if I'm in elementary school or middle

school...Oh, wait, I'm at work!

-------- 

One reason people resist change is because they focus

on what they have to give up, instead of what they have

to gain.   

-----

Your thoughts affect your emotions.

Your emotions affect your decisions.

Your decisions affect your life.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma, your post really made me laugh!  Especially the one about stuff at your mom's house...my daughter is always telling me I have too much stuff but I miraculously always have whatever she needs at any given moment.  If it's in sight, she calls it the Dropping Zone which means it's fair game for her to take it.

The press 1 for English cracked me up too.  So often I can't understand a word the person on the other end is saying. I'd probably have better luck pressing number 2!!!

Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma, food for thought, for sure.  Too often my heart overrules my brain.  I know sometimes I'm too easily hurt by friends "careless" words.  Instead of letting my brain kick in and think, "they truly didn't mean to hurt my feelings," I let my heart overrule and say, "why are they so insensitive?"  Something I work on a lot.  Thanks for the reminder.  

But, on the other hand, words matter.  To those who let them fall out of their mouths prior to thinking, take a second and play out in your head how those words may sound to others.  LuLu

Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

i love it!

you are spot on.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma,

Thank you! lol

http://www.desiglitters.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Happy-Sunday-Photo.gif

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma, your post really made me laugh!  Especially the one about stuff at your mom's house...my daughter is always telling me I have too much stuff but I miraculously always have whatever she needs at any given moment.  If it's in sight, she calls it the Dropping Zone which means it's fair game for her to take it.

The press 1 for English cracked me up too.  So often I can't understand a word the person on the other end is saying. I'd probably have better luck pressing number 2!!!

I have finally come to the conclusion that I am living in the USA, where the first language is English and if I am on the phone with a representative of a company in this country I expect to be able to understand the person speaking to me. If the accent is difficult for me to understand I have absolutely no problem explaining that and requesting the rep to speak slowly so that I can understand him/her. I will do this as often as necessary and will ask for someone I can understand better if I have to. I believe, with all my heart, that it is my right to understand what I am being told.

Hugs . . . Beth 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the "day brightening" quotes.  "laughter doeth good like a medicine"....I believe it.  

Respected Contributor

Awesome words of wisdom. thanks for posting!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma. Thank you for this post!!! Your words of wisdom made me smile.  The truth in your post is so needed in this world!