Esteemed Contributor

If I did something wrong, communicate.  If I hurt your feelings, make me aware of it.  If I didn't listen well enough, tell me again in a way I'll understand.  If I'm insensitive to your needs, to your desires, your thoughts, tell me so I can consider them.  However, don't ever hold an attitude with me because you haven't clearly expressed yourself.  I'm human, not a mind reader.

THE OTHER SERENITY PRAYER:

God, grant me the serenity to stop beating myself up for not doing things perfectly, the courage to forgive myself because I'm working on doing better, and the wisdom to know that you already love me just the way I am.

A gentle answer turns away wrath,

but a harsh word stirs up anger.

You cannot change someone who does

not see an issue with their actions.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Well, I needed that first paragraph, big time. 

Having an issue with a family member. I don't know where to go with it, or where I want to be in my relationship with them, but I have a lot to say, that I've never said, and it needs to be said. 

I think to know where I'm going with them in the future, I need to heed this advice, because for the last week, I've just shut down, not knowing what to say or do. 

Now I know what I need to do.

Honored Contributor

That way of thinking is for victims, it's 2020 not 1950.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: .WORDS TO THINK ABOUT

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99 ...Which way of thinking are you referring to, there are four items on the table?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99 ...Which way of thinking are you referring to, there are four items on the table?

@Lindsays Grandma  I'm saying you can only be the victim if you allow it, and I can see the victim in all four items.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: .WORDS TO THINK ABOUT

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  These are such beautiful words! They brought tears to my eyes, and I especially love The Other Serenity Prayer. It is always nice to read something that is UPLIFTING!😊

~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  I'm saying you can only be the victim if you allow it, and I can see the victim in all four items.

@blackhole99 ...That's where you and I think differently, I don't believe one can only be a victim if they allow it, but hey, that's what is so great about everyone having different opinions.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   I so appreciate these words, especially the serenity prayer.  Sometimes we are quick to forgive others, forgetting to include ourselves.  I'm always open to improvement.  Thank you for this reminder and meaningful share.Heart