Esteemed Contributor

1.   Life is so much simpler when you stop explaining yourself to people and just do what works for you.

2.   When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view at the top.

3.   Once you make the decision to move on, don't look back.  Your DESTINY will never be found in the rear view mirror.

4.   Our eyes are in front because it's more important to look ahead than to look back.  Don't dwell on the things in the past.  Learn from them and keep MOVING forward.

5.   Life is like a camera.  Focus on what is important.  Capture the good times.  Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT.

6.   It's your road, and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.

7.   I don't regret the things I have done, I just regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance.

8.   A woman can always tell if a man loves her by how much time he is willing to invest.  Money spent is meaningless, but time spent is priceless.

9.   If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.

10.   Do not get upset with people or situations, both are powerless without your reaction.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

So wonderful to read your shares....sometimes all it takes is a reminder to keep moving forward in our lives.  

Esteemed Contributor

Positive energy! Once we stop looking for answers outside ourselves we become powerful. I love your posts @Lindsays Grandma keep them coming. 

Honored Contributor

Yes!

@manny2 wrote:

Positive energy! Once we stop looking for answers outside ourselves we become powerful. I love your posts @Lindsays Grandma keep them coming. 

Honored Contributor

These are so good!  Thank you for this!  It's good to be reminded of a lof them.  1, 4,6 and 10 are especially great!  

I always remember my mother saying to me -- you can't control what people do, but you can control your reaction to what they do! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

I love this..

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Good way to start the new year.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

1.   Life is so much simpler when you stop explaining yourself to people and just do what works for you.

2.   When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view at the top.

3.   Once you make the decision to move on, don't look back.  Your DESTINY will never be found in the rear view mirror.

4.   Our eyes are in front because it's more important to look ahead than to look back.  Don't dwell on the things in the past.  Learn from them and keep MOVING forward.

5.   Life is like a camera.  Focus on what is important.  Capture the good times.  Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT.

6.   It's your road, and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.

7.   I don't regret the things I have done, I just regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance.

8.   A woman can always tell if a man loves her by how much time he is willing to invest.  Money spent is meaningless, but time spent is priceless.

10.   Do not get upset with people or situations, both are powerless without your reaction.

I love them and #10 should be at the top of this page !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

#7  Regret is part of our conscience; making amends for things we did that hurt others is important.

#8  And vice versa.

#10  Yes!

(ok I'm being naughty but if our eyes were in the back of our heads we would have to walk backwards.  Not cool.  I get the point-just adding my own levity.  Sorry!)

Thank you for food for thought; enjoyed these very much.Woman Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Our youngest son went through a heartbreaking break up 5 months ago.  He is still not over it.  Nothing we say seems to help.  But "Time heals all wounds," or so I hope.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead