Esteemed Contributor

WORDS AND MORE WORDS

[ Edited ]

1.   Words can't wipe away your tears.  Hugs won't ease your pain.  But hold on to your memories, forever they will remain.

2.   PARENTS -

They did not leave you when you were young.  So, don't leave them when they are old.

3.   Guy Humor - Happiness is a cabin on 800 acres, 3 lakes, 

2 mountains, a forest, and no neighbors.

4.   I guess the real fact of the matter is...we don't know what tomorrow will bring, and the only thing we really have is...right now.  SO, don't stay mad for too long.  Learn to forgive and love with all your heart.  Don' worry about people who don't like you.  Enjoy the ones who love you.

5.   That feeling of "I want my mom." Has no age limit, no time limit, and no distance limit.

6.   God is still writing your story.  Quit trying to steal the pen.  TRUST THE AUTHOR.

7.   I was arguing with my friend, and in the middle of it she took her glasses off her nose and said, "I don't want to see you right now."   Something to remember.

8.  Money cannot buy happiness but its more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

9.   Think big and don't listen to people who tell you it can't be done.  Life is too short to think small.   

10.   The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

5.   That feeling of "I want my mom." Has no age limit, no time limit, and no distance limit.

I am 65 and say this often - Mom died 2 years ago and I miss her more than words can say.  She was my best friend and confidant.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I am 65 and say this often - Mom died 2 years ago and I miss her more than words can say.  She was my best friend and confidant.

@CalminHeart 

This one hit home for me, too!  I am experiencing the same.  I find myself saying either to myself or aloud -- I miss my mom --- all the time.  It never goes away.  Never. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

So many GOOD words here!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I agree there are many good thoughts here.

My mom went to heaven over ten years ago, and I still miss her.  It’s really hard during the holidays.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

3.   Guy Humor - Happiness is a cabin on 800 acres, 3 lakes, 2 mountains, a forest, and no neighbors. ---This would make my husband SOOOOO happy! 

My mom died almost 11 years ago...not a day goes by that I don't think of her.

Respected Contributor

2and 5 really touch my heart, how very true.

4 & 10 very profound.

Super Contributor

Thanks for this post.