Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S UP FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY?

@sam96 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@sam96

Teens, hey?  All I've been looking at all day are desserts that contain Jamesons or Bailey's in cookies and pie.  I did see a green pie, lime of course, and a green velvet cake.

Banoffee pie is typical Irish for St. Pat's, I can get you an authentic recipe.  It's bananas with toffee cream and a whipped cream topping.

@Noel7 Looks perfect!  They'd love it, along with the green velvet!  I do my godmother's red velvet, and they never let that last more than 24 hrs...

@sam96

I'm going to give you two recipes from online.  DD made the first one, but I see it's in grams, easy to translate with google, though.

We had this one and it was delicious!  Of course, we used a frozen crust instead, baking is not my specialty:

https://www.carnation.co.uk/Recipes/8/Classic-Banoffee-Pie

This second recipe is a classic from the BBS:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/banoffeepiewithpecan_86926

There are others online, even Paula Deen has a Banoffee recipe.  I'd never heard of it until recently when I was researching Irish recipes.

Frequent Contributor

❤️

St.Patrick's Day

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @Noel7 !  Appreciate the links! 👍🏻

Honored Contributor

@Joey Heatherton wrote:

@Noel7, do you know about Irish potato-candies?  Never heard of them til I met my husband!

He's like a little kid!  As soon as they're available, he buys a couple boxes and hoards them.  One a day!  Wish I had that kind of restraint, right?  Lol.

They're coconut rolled in cinnamon, bite size.  Smiley Happy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_potato_candy

@Joey Heatherton

I do!  I stumbled on a recipe today. I just looked and you can order boxes on amazon, they have a couple of brands, here's one:

Product Details

Honored Contributor

@Marcail0825 wrote:

❤️

St.Patrick's Day

Very nice @Marcail0825

Thank you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sam96 wrote:

Thanks, @Noel7 !  Appreciate the links! 👍🏻

You're welcome, @sam96

Honored Contributor

If you all care to join in, I will be starting my yearly St. Patrick's Day thread for the items sold on QVC.  Have done this for a number of years now, and seems like everyone that joins in has a good time. 

Have no idea yet how many hours they will be having St. Patrick's Day, but the last year's show was not all day.  That was very disappointing.  Guess I will be receiving an e-mail from the Q showing what will will be available.  Will try to get the info to everyone on the board......

Do hope many of you will be joining in. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Well, I have my Irish decor out, including many lovely Belleek pieces.

I usually pour some beer into a pitcher, and add a few drops of green food coloring.  But that's where it ends....I don't like any Irish foods at all!  Lol...am part Scottish so I know what foods they eat....don't care for any of it.

Sometimes I make enchiladas topped with green chile sauce.Smiley Wink

Hi september......I to have my Belleek pieces out and castle lamp lit...... 

Now you're talking.....enchiladas......that is one weakness of mine......love them. 

I love watching the Irish chef on PBS Create.  He does some mighty good looking food.  He was just on, and of course he had those lovely mashed taters he does.......

Hope you will be joining in with us on the thread I will be having.....like every year.......

Esteemed Contributor

It's our 32nd anniversary and we are spending 2 nights at Los Polanos (farm to table inn)in Albuquerque.  Last anniversary when we were there on 17th Tina Fey was a fellow guest.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I do remember @ShowMe !

I'd love to join in, I always enjoy the show Smiley Happy