Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S UP FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY?

@sam96 wrote:

@Noel7 Those nails sound fabulous! ☘

@sam96

Go for it!  My favorite green for the day is an Ulta brand I found a couple of years ago, now everyone has them.

Respected Contributor

@sam96 wrote:

I need good St Patrick's dessert ideas for early teen boys...they inhale sweets but don't like cutesy!  I'm the only female in my house, so I unfortunately tend toward the feminine and they glare...LOL

I sure can identify with being the only female in the house!    Let 'em glare...they'll still eat the food.  They're ALWAYS hungry, after all, right?  Smiley Wink

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!  I may try my hand at making the rainbow fruit snack Noel posted.  We're doing "green" stuff at work and I think everyone will enjoy that.  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@sam96

Teens, hey?  All I've been looking at all day are desserts that contain Jamesons or Bailey's in cookies and pie.  I did see a green pie, lime of course, and a green velvet cake.

Banoffee pie is typical Irish for St. Pat's, I can get you an authentic recipe.  It's bananas with toffee cream and a whipped cream topping.

@Noel7 Looks perfect!  They'd love it, along with the green velvet!  I do my godmother's red velvet, and they never let that last more than 24 hrs...

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

I'll probably do my nails tomorrow...I know I have at least 2 or 3 green polishes to choose from.

I do green nails every year at this time, except for the left ring finger which I do in gold glitter to signify the pot of gold.

Good idea! I'm going to do the same thing!

@Daisy Sunflower

I use an all over gold glitter, the larger pieces, and enough so it's not just partially covered.  The entire nail is gold, but it doesn't have to be heavy if you avoid the tiny kind of glitter.

You may have to soak it in remover for a few minutes when you take it off, but it's worth it, imo.

Valued Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@sam96 wrote:

I need good St Patrick's dessert ideas for early teen boys...they inhale sweets but don't like cutesy!  I'm the only female in my house, so I unfortunately tend toward the feminine and they glare...LOL

I sure can identify with being the only female in the house!    Let 'em glare...they'll still eat the food.  They're ALWAYS hungry, after all, right?  Smiley Wink

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!  I may try my hand at making the rainbow fruit snack Noel posted.  We're doing "green" stuff at work and I think everyone will enjoy that.  Smiley Very Happy

@Kalli Lol...I'm so outnumbered...even my dogs are male! 😂

Honored Contributor

@Joey Heatherton wrote:

When I was young, a thousand years ago, I LOVED St Paddys Day!  

I'd say in the last 20 years or so, I've had a sea change.  Living in a big city that celebrates the holiday big time, I've seen too many disgusting ppl doing disgusting things.  

There I am rushing to catch a train, and some drunk gets sick on the sidewalk right in front of me. Just no.  I'm a good person, but my patience runs thin. Very thin.

I wil stay home and do whatever I want privately. --  without  imposing on the goodwill of others!  Smiley Happy

@Joey Heatherton  That's what we do, too, it's all at home for that day.

DH has an old album of Irish songs that are fun to play.  Mostly sea shantys, but what the heck...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@sam96 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@sam96

Teens, hey?  All I've been looking at all day are desserts that contain Jamesons or Bailey's in cookies and pie.  I did see a green pie, lime of course, and a green velvet cake.

Banoffee pie is typical Irish for St. Pat's, I can get you an authentic recipe.  It's bananas with toffee cream and a whipped cream topping.

@Noel7 Looks perfect!  They'd love it, along with the green velvet!  I do my godmother's red velvet, and they never let that last more than 24 hrs...

Wow!  I've been trying to be good and consume fewer sweets but this really looks like it would be fabulous. 

Why, oh, why does sugar have to be so bad for us??  I'm going to have to cheat, that's all.

Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@sam96 wrote:

Have fun @Kalli

IMO the rainbow fruit qualifies as green and better Smiley Happy

You could take the fruit pieces, marshmallows and Rolos to work in separate containers and assemble it in a short time.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@sam96 wrote:

Have fun @Kalli

IMO the rainbow fruit qualifies as green and better Smiley Happy

You could take the fruit pieces, marshmallows and Rolos to work in separate containers and assemble it in a short time.

You're right and that's exactly what I'll do.  Thanks for posting this.  I'm not usually motivated to spend a ton of time in the kitchen after working all day so this will be perfect!   Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

@Noel7, do you know about Irish potato-candies?  Never heard of them til I met my husband!

He's like a little kid!  As soon as they're available, he buys a couple boxes and hoards them.  One a day!  Wish I had that kind of restraint, right?  Lol.

They're coconut rolled in cinnamon, bite size.  Smiley Happy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_potato_candy