Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT'S UP FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY?

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sam96 wrote:

I'm grateful it's not on a Friday this year!  Since I'm the only one in my house that likes corned beef & cabbage, I'll do a small mess of that.  The rest of the brood wants smoked brisket and fried potatoes!

Big weekend celebration with the Italian neighbors though...always fun! 😂

@sam96

Have fun!  Italian is always good Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I need good St Patrick's dessert ideas for early teen boys...they inhale sweets but don't like cutesy!  I'm the only female in my house, so I unfortunately tend toward the feminine and they glare...LOL

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

There is a wonderful Irish family in our town (of nearly 4,000) who host a St. Patrick's Day party and invite the whole town starting at 8:00 A.M. and continuing all day long.  Guests come and go as they wish.  It's been an annual event for many years.  Lots of food, lots of fun, lots of excitement.  Think Green. Smiley Happy

luck-of-the-irish

@AnikaBrodie

WOW!  Anika, that is some wonderful party!

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Noel7 Hi Noel. 

I just think that fruit rainbow is a great ideaHugs for our Noel. 

I find that fruit rainbow a great idea for St. Patricks'.  I've got a potluck to attend and tha is a great idea.  Thanks. 

Hi @Puzzle Piece

Oh, I'm so glad I could help!  I think it's a great idea, too Smiley Happy  Have a good time at the party.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

Nothing special going on...My husband and I will be going out for an early lunch and then doing a little shopping afterward. We'll be staying home for the evening/night.

I'll probably do my nails tomorrow...I know I have at least 2 or 3 green polishes to choose from...and I have a white/green, beaded necklace and a few green rings that I plan on wearing.

@Daisy Sunflower you are a festive person, like me Smiley Happy

I do green nails every year at this time, except for the left ring finger which I do in gold glitter to signify the pot of gold.

Valued Contributor

@Noel7 Those nails sound fabulous! ☘

Honored Contributor

@sam96

Teens, hey?  All I've been looking at all day are desserts that contain Jamesons or Bailey's in cookies and pie.  I did see a green pie, lime of course, and a green velvet cake.

Banoffee pie is typical Irish for St. Pat's, I can get you an authentic recipe.  It's bananas with toffee cream and a whipped cream topping.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

I'll probably do my nails tomorrow...I know I have at least 2 or 3 green polishes to choose from.

I do green nails every year at this time, except for the left ring finger which I do in gold glitter to signify the pot of gold.

Good idea! I'm going to do the same thing!

Super Contributor

When I was young, a thousand years ago, I LOVED St Paddys Day!  

I'd say in the last 20 years or so, I've had a sea change.  Living in a big city that celebrates the holiday big time, I've seen too many disgusting ppl doing disgusting things.  

There I am rushing to catch a train, and some drunk gets sick on the sidewalk right in front of me. Just no.  I'm a good person, but my patience runs thin. Very thin.

I wil stay home and do whatever I want privately. --  without  imposing on the goodwill of others!  Smiley Happy