Honored Contributor

WHAT'S UP FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY?

It's next Thursday, comin' up fast! 

We've decided to have two celebrations, one on Thursday, an easy pub dinner of bangers & mash, and our traditional corned beef and cabbage on the weekend when our daughter will be home.

I came across a cute snack for the day, DH says he'll put it together for us.  The gold candy at the end are Rolos, I used them in a pot of gold theme last year.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S UP FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY?

Hi Noel!

I have a St. Patrick's Day tree up in the living room.  Bought 21 ornaments from ebay and green glass ornaments I already had.  Very pretty.  Cept, I have clear/white lights and really should've used green.  Will next year!  The tree itself is silver-ish.  (Looks like tarnished silver.)

I have two corned beef briskets (family eats like hogs--no kidding).  I make mashed potatoes instead of boiling potatoes.  I do add cabbage and carrots to pot, though.

Me, I'll just eat greens....lol.

No parades for us and we don't go out and drink just because it's St. Patrick's day.  We are travelling on Friday and need to be up an at em early!

Bless you and yours, St. Patty's day and always!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Hi Noel!

I have a St. Patrick's Day tree up in the living room.  Bought 21 ornaments from ebay and green glass ornaments I already had.  Very pretty.  Cept, I have clear/white lights and really should've used green.  Will next year!  The tree itself is silver-ish.  (Looks like tarnished silver.)

I have two corned beef briskets (family eats like hogs--no kidding).  I make mashed potatoes instead of boiling potatoes.  I do add cabbage and carrots to pot, though.

Me, I'll just eat greens....lol.

No parades for us and we don't go out and drink just because it's St. Patrick's day.  We are travelling on Friday and need to be up an at em early!

Bless you and yours, St. Patty's day and always!

Oh, that tree sounds wonderful @Lucky Charm  I've never seen one for St.Patrick's Day.  We string colored lights across under the matel and I've got the best ones from Target.

50ct LED Faceted String Light Set  - Green (6"x25'L)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm  Part Two:

Sorry, the photo covered the print in the mock-up.  They are LED lights and ours have lasted for years, no replacement bulbs needed.

Here's the link, if you are interested.  Target has free shipping with their red card:

http://www.target.com/p/50ct-led-faceted-string-light-set-green-6-x25-l/-/A-16294398#prodSlot=medium...

We don't do the bar scene, either, but I do love to fix Irish Coffee in special glasses my mother gave to us.

Have a wonderful time during the holiday Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Truth be told, it's a tree I have up year round.  

I keep it in the dining area and it is decorated with a dessert theme/sweet treats.  Glass blown ornaments of cupcakes, slices of 3 layer cakes and fancy pies, wrapped candies.   

Last fall I bought an off white Christmas tree (looks like it's vintage, but it was brand new) that I decorated for St. Valentine's day.  It was beautiful.  I kept it up till the end of Feb. for our anniversary.

No Easter tree!

Honored Contributor

Well, I have my Irish decor out, including many lovely Belleek pieces.

I usually pour some beer into a pitcher, and add a few drops of green food coloring.  But that's where it ends....I don't like any Irish foods at all!  Lol...am part Scottish so I know what foods they eat....don't care for any of it.

Sometimes I make enchiladas topped with green chile sauce.Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I'm grateful it's not on a Friday this year!  Since I'm the only one in my house that likes corned beef & cabbage, I'll do a small mess of that.  The rest of the brood wants smoked brisket and fried potatoes!

Big weekend celebration with the Italian neighbors though...always fun! 😂

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Well, I have my Irish decor out, including many lovely Belleek pieces.

I usually pour some beer into a pitcher, and add a few drops of green food coloring.  But that's where it ends....I don't like any Irish foods at all!  Lol...am part Scottish so I know what foods they eat....don't care for any of it.

Sometimes I make enchiladas topped with green chile sauce.Smiley Wink

@september

As long as it's green, it counts...

Honored Contributor

There is a wonderful Irish family in our town (of nearly 4,000) who host a St. Patrick's Day party and invite the whole town starting at 8:00 A.M. and continuing all day long.  Guests come and go as they wish.  It's been an annual event for many years.  Lots of food, lots of fun, lots of excitement.  Think Green. Smiley Happy

luck-of-the-irish

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 Hi Noel. 

Hugs for our Noel. 

I find that fruit rainbow a great idea for St. Patricks'.  I've got a potluck to attend and that is a great idea.  Thanks. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust