Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT'S THE MOST STUPID THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?

Just last week I woke up early after having only slept for an hour. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I always use mouthwash and then floss my teeth before I brush. I used my nail polish remover instead of mouthwash. I don't know how or why I did as my nail polish remover bottle looks nothing like my mouthwash bottle but I was so out of it. I had to rinse my mouth out for about 30 min because it burned so bad. I felt so stupid.

I have done so many stupid things though I could not list them all nor would I have the time to list even half of them. I couldn't even remember them all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Teddie

Thank you for sharing.  Heart pounding experience isn't it.  I must tell you after years of replacing and disposing of burn barrels, I went on a mission to find something better.  Found one at burn right products.  People inquire about it and they look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them them what it cost.  But to this day, it was one of the best expenditures I have made.  Even my husband, who at times questions my sanity, agrees.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Last week, my hubby and I had spent the day shopping, had lunch out, went to a movie and were planning to stop for dinner before going home. It was a hot, sweaty day & it had been many hours since I showered. I ducked into Nordstrom's Ladies' Room to freshen up.

In my huge handbag (besides the kitchen sink), I carry those moist towelettes for  "feminine freshening" wrapped in individual foil packets. I also have foil packets of alcohol cleaners for my readers (same size and shape. Know where this is going? Being in a rush & w/o my glasses, I reached for the wrong packet and began to freshen up w/ alcohol!! I think they heard me scream downstairs in the shoe dept. I ran to the sink, pants around around my ankles, for wet paper towels and soap. Wow!!!! Never will make that mistake again!!!!

What is the most stupid thing you have ever done?

@Shanus

LOL     I hope you were exaggerating.  If not, please share what you said to all the people that came running, with you standing there with your pants around your ankles.  That would have been the best part of the story.   

If the mods were on vacation, I could list the words I screamed out. When I was staggering at the sinks, I just quickly said I was in pain w/ a few curse words. Everyone probably thought I was insane w/ my pants around my ankles & at that point, I couldn't care less.

Trusted Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@Teddie

Thank you for sharing.  Heart pounding experience isn't it.  I must tell you after years of replacing and disposing of burn barrels, I went on a mission to find something better.  Found one at burn right products.  People inquire about it and they look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them them what it cost.  But to this day, it was one of the best expenditures I have made.  Even my husband, who at times questions my sanity, agrees.

@Allegheny I looked up the burn right stuff. There are some interesting products there. 

We used to live in town and had to pay the city for our trash to be picked up. I like being able to just burn all our trash and it's gone. So I figure we're saving money this way. Good for you to get a good burn barrel. It's peace of mind. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

A-Z or numerically?

Lol. 😂

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Just last week I woke up early after having only slept for an hour. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I always use mouthwash and then floss my teeth before I brush. I used my nail polish remover instead of mouthwash. I don't know how or why I did as my nail polish remover bottle looks nothing like my mouthwash bottle but I was so out of it. I had to rinse my mouth out for about 30 min because it burned so bad. I felt so stupid.

I have done so many stupid things though I could not list them all nor would I have the time to list even half of them. I couldn't even remember them all.

OMG! That's almost as bad as mine!!

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@Shanus

A few months ago I made a chocolate pudding pie. The pie crust was a frozen one you bake but the pudding was made from scratch. It was the best chocolate pudding ever! I only know this because I licked the bowl... The pie was still very warm & it said to refrigerate so I carefully, with pot holders, carried it from the countertop to the fridge. As I lifted it onto the refrigerator shelf the foil pie crust pan buckled. The still hot chocolate pudding spilled out & I dropped the pan. It hit the next shelf & bounced facedown onto the ceramic tile floor. I had chocolate pudding everywhere! On my maple cabinets, the tile floor, the walls, my clothes, socks,etc... There was even chocolate on the ceiling! In the future I will keep the pie on the cookie sheet & slide it right into the refrigerator shelf. 

Sounds like one of my favorite Lucy & Ethel episodes!

Respected Contributor

Wasting many years trying to get out of an abusive relationship. I finally did it though and have been happy ever since. I learned many lessons and became strong because of that experience. 

Honored Contributor

As usual, I was running late this morning.  I keep my shoes in the garage.  I slipped them on and off to work I went.  I get to work and get out of the car, I notice I have on two different color shoes.  They are the same style, but one was black and the other navy.  I work in a large building with a couple hundred people.  Luckily, I had work to do that kept me at my desk all day.  No idea if anyone noticed, but no one said a word.

Respected Contributor

I have a long list!....