Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S THE MOST STUPID THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?

@conlt wrote:

Wasting many years trying to get out of an abusive relationship. I finally did it though and have been happy ever since. I learned many lessons and became strong because of that experience. 

Good for you. That takes a lot of courage!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S THE MOST STUPID THING YOU'VE EVER DONE?

@Blk&GoldFan wrote:

Where to begin??  So many stupid things and this post brought many to the forefront of my old brain.  Decided to share this one because it SCREAMS stupid.  While doing an extensive clearing out of kitchen cabinets, I was tossing out that last bit of cereal, stale crackers, old spices, etc etc, all going into my kitchen sink with the disposal running....worked at a hectic pace....gettin' this project done....last few potato chips, pretzels, old rice....and then I heard it..........no sound...disposal stopped.  YEP....the raw rice puffed up in the plumbing pipes with the water running and blocked eveything.  Nothing I tried to fix it worked.  Tough confession about the stupid thing I had done when DH got home.  He worked on all the undersink pipes, nothing there.  Used drain cleaners, snakes and all we could...Nothing moved.  Ended up cutting the pipes in the basement, digging out the rice with spoons to get it out, and then had to repair the pipes.  Naturally my DH shared his repair ordeal with all his co-workers and golf buddies while we were trying to resolve this issue.  Talk about embarassed and feeling stupid.  His co-workers even sent a letter to the house from the "plumbers' union" saying they were filing charges for him performing plumbing duties while not an authorized plumber!!  Still getting tortured after several years.  Probably should have posted this in the Kitchen forum to prevent anyone else doing this most stupid thing.

That's a funny one. I did a similar thing when I spilled an out of date jar of Metamucil laxative into the disposal. The "workings" came to a grinding halt. Thought it worked differently on people...just not disposals!