Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT DO YOU ADMIRE ABOUT YOURSELF...PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY?

I am kind and generous. (sometimes too generous)

Valued Contributor

If I  were to reflect on my physical attributes it has always been, since I can remember, my hair. Compliments such as "How thick it is" "beautiful wavy/curly it is", and even "what lovely natural reddish highlights"and how lucky I was to have it.  Hair Stylists would even make these comments.  While I always admired the naturally straight haired girls, I can say that I never fell into the flat iron vortex to make it something it wasn't, which I am glad about. (To be honest I was too lazy to blow out my hair and then iron it.Smiley Wink)  

I think that I am most proud of being what I consider to be, the best mom that I can be to an almost 2 yr old. I hope she can look up to and be proud of me one day, as I am of her.  As soon as I get home from work, the smart phone goes on a shelf and all my time is with her until her bedtime.  That work stuff can wait.  The mom experience has dramatically changed my emotional balance.  Things that used to bother me, no longer do or they have lessened their control over me.  My priorities have shifted.  I think that the new priorities are healthier, if not more responsible.

I work in a male dominated field, and the only woman in the history of the company to hold my senior management role.  That took a lot of hard work.  Standing up for what I believe in and, most importantly, confidence.  I might be hard on my physical appearance, and for my daughter's sake, I am continuing to make efforts to work on my body image confidence. However, I DO have confidence in my role in the industry that I work in, and that took a long time to build.  No one can make you believe in yourself, that is a very hard thing for some of us to do.  As someone else noted, we are all works in progress. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

If I  were to reflect on my physical attributes it has always been, since I can remember, my hair. Compliments such as "How thick it is" "beautiful wavy/curly it is", and even "what lovely natural reddish highlights"and how lucky I was to have it.  Hair Stylists would even make these comments.  While I always admired the naturally straight haired girls, I can say that I never fell into the flat iron vortex to make it something it wasn't, which I am glad about. (To be honest I was too lazy to blow out my hair and then iron it.Smiley Wink)  

I think that I am most proud of being what I consider to be, the best mom that I can be to an almost 2 yr old. I hope she can look up to and be proud of me one day, as I am of her.  As soon as I get home from work, the smart phone goes on a shelf and all my time is with her until her bedtime.  That work stuff can wait.  The mom experience has dramatically changed my emotional balance.  Things that used to bother me, no longer do or they have lessened their control over me.  My priorities have shifted.  I think that the new priorities are healthier, if not more responsible.

I work in a male dominated field, and the only woman in the history of the company to hold my senior management role.  That took a lot of hard work.  Standing up for what I believe in and, most importantly, confidence.  I might be hard on my physical appearance, and for my daughter's sake, I am continuing to make efforts to work on my body image confidence. However, I DO have confidence in my role in the industry that I work in, and that took a long time to build.  No one can make you believe in yourself, that is a very hard thing for some of us to do.  As someone else noted, we are all works in progress. 

Good for you.  I wish I had more confidence in myself.  I think I could have had a great career in something meaningful that I really enjoyed if I would have had the confidence to try and put myself out there.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@ajsidney12  You made me miss those days when my grown/married kids were babies. Good for you appreciating each moment. Even better, making your mark in the business world and still being able to keep all your ducks in a row.

Honored Contributor

I don't admire myself.  I fall far too short to do that. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing physically ... I'm over 60 (yikes), but did a spiritual gift questionaire on myself, and my high point was showing "mercy" to others.   Believe me, on these threads, that's an asset sometimes.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Nothng physically ... I'm over 60 (yikes), but did a spiritual gift questionaire on myself, and my high point was showing "mercy" to others.   Believe me, on these threads, that's an asset sometimes.  ;-)

@seaBreeze  You are so right. Some days it gets brutal.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I don't admire myself.  I fall far too short to do that. 

@Sooner  How about the positive attribute that you’re able to express your feelings to others?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Just my innate sense of self-worth and I have been told my eyes are my best feature.