Honored Contributor

WHAT DO YOU ADMIRE ABOUT YOURSELF...PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY?

I hated my curly hair growing up, but have now accepted it and enjoy how fast it is to style and care for.

I’m too critical of myself and others. Trying to work on that, but a long, rough road.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT DO YOU ADMIRE ABOUT YOURSELF...PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY?

Comfort with differences of opinion.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how to answer this without sounding vain or full of myself....so I will just say ,I  am  satisfied with the person I am

We are all a work in progress aren't we?

Honored Contributor

My insatiable "curiosity."  

As far back as I can remember (grammar school), I've been reading, researching, studying something or other to a paricular historical period.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am very proud of how resilient I am. Diagnosed in my teens with Type 1 diabetes, it has been a lifetime of health crises. Emotionally, I have had to be very strong. My adoptive mom was profoundly mentally ill. I spent my life caring for her until she passed. My dad didn't ever talk about her illness as he thought it had a stigma. I think my experiences in life have helped me to be empathetic toward others.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't know how to answer this without sounding vain or full of myself....so I will just say ,I  am  satisfied with the person I am

@cherry  Definitely...always some new goal to achieve.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I am very proud of how resilient I am. Diagnosed in my teens with Type 1 diabetes, it has been a lifetime of health crises. Emotionally, I have had to be very strong. My adoptive mom was profoundly mentally ill. I spent my life caring for her until she passed. My dad didn't ever talk about her illness as he thought it had a stigma. I think my experiences in life have helped me to be empathetic toward others.  

@Trinity11  You’ve definitely risen above many obstacles. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@cherry  Definitely...always some new goal to achieve.

The same goes for me.

Honored Contributor

Physically through hard work and discipline I am still the same size as back in high school in the late 70's.  (there are gravity changes though)

Emotionally, if I see someone hurting I want to help however I can.  Not just giving money but giving my time doing for others to ease their load, and also just listening when needed.  That is what makes me smile at the end of the day when I reflect back on it.  Helping others, I love it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Physically through hard work and discipline I am still the same size as back in high school in the late 70's.  (there are gravity changes though)

Emotionally, if I see someone hurting I want to help however I can.  Not just giving money but giving my time doing for others to ease their load, and also just listening when needed.  That is what makes me smile at the end of the day when I reflect back on it.  Helping others, I love it.

@beckyb1012. Both are admirable, positive attributes.