Honored Contributor

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR TODAY?

After spending several days inside working in my studio, I feel like getting out.

I woke up earlier than usual and got my long walk w/ the beagles over while still cool out. 

I think I'll go to a few art museums (about 45 min. away in next city) and on the way back, stop at an outlet mall for some retail therapy (🤑).

Are you doing anything special?

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR TODAY?

With running around all week, I am staying in and doing some cleaning and probably sitting out on my deck later if it's not too hot.  It's suppose to be 86 degrees today and tomorrow.  Monday 73 which I prefer.  Last late afternoon I decided to stop for dinner by myself and try a new restaurant.  It turned out to be a very nice experience.  Have a great weekend!  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Shanus, that sounds like a plan!  Love museums and shopping.  Please, please do one of your on-the-scene reports afterwards.  Your artist's eye makes your accounts colorful and interesting.

I think we will go see the new movie "Churchill", about his deliberations over D-Day.  When we go to a matinee, we consider the popcorn to be our "lunch",  then after the film will hit our favorite frozen yogurt emporium for "dessert". Maybe coconut yogurt, walnuts in honey, fresh raspberries.  A soupcon of caramel sauce.   The owner makes the most killer coffee in his espresso machine...  

Honored Contributor

During the day , not much. Just tidy up around the house. How do we manage to make it so messy every day? Then later we are going to dinner and a car cruise in the villiage .On cruise night the stores stay open so while the guys Oh & Ah over the old cars we wives shop.

Frequent Contributor

I am going to try a slow cooker recipe for Hungarian Goulash...DH of 41 years has never had it and I probably have not had it in 50 years ( my Mom used to make it occasionally...of course she did not have a slow cooker) Also planning on making some potato salad...I am on WW so pot salad is kind of a no-no for me but my hubby loves it...other than that I will be just hanging out. Have a great day all! 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell that frozen yoghurt sounds too good to be true.I love yogato which is frozen custard yoghurt and espresso.

Respected Contributor

Well nothing too exciting or special.  Going over to my Uncle's house later this AM  (who has severe cognitive memory disorder).  I arranged to have someone come and remove/dispose of his old TV.  It weighs 155 pounds.

After that I plan to spend majority of the day outdoors weed wacking, planting.  etc before the rains start again tomorrow.

DH is going to his BIL's and has offered to pick up dinner.  Yippee.

Sometimes I wish I had something more exciting planned, but then I remember I am pretty much a homebody, don't like crowds or traffic.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. Hi. Sounds like a fun day ahead for you. Will see what I can do about a Live Report, but are you interested in the museum or the shopping... Just in case I do take my IPad. Oh. Thanks for compliment. 💕

Trusted Contributor

It's Saturday so I'll work and play.  A trip to the grocery store will happen at some time or another today as well.

Honored Contributor

@ReggieRagu. Mmmmm! I'm pre-diabetic and do my potato salad w/ sweet potatoes, sub all mayo w/ 1/2 mayo and 1/2 plain non-fat yogurt and increase celery, onions and boiled eggs so less potatoes needed. Not too bad and better than none at all.

Put your recipe here or on Recipes for the Goulash?