Esteemed Contributor

I am sure many of you have seen articles about using silk pillowcases to prevent facial lines as well as protecting your hair.  For forty years I have used satin cases, less expensive than silk, and it is 100% true.  I have no lines or wrinkles on my face and my hair actually looks good in the morning.

I will admit my good genes help but giving them a boost with the satin cases makes it even better.  If you haven't tried them, make the switch asap, you won't be sorry.  I usually buy them at Bed and Bath but you probably can find them in any store in the bedding department.  So ladies (and gentlemen too) do you sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: SILK OR SATIN PILLOWCASES

Satin here!

Honored Contributor

Satin for me too, I like the ones that have zippers. I found nice ones for just a few dollars at BBB a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

100% cotton for me, I don't have any wrinkles and no problems with my hair.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I don't like the feel of silk or satin on my face.  I use 100% cotton sheets and pillowcases.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer the breathability of 100% cotton, and my head/face doesn't get hot and I don't sweat.

No problems with wrinkles or hair.

I think it's all just a gimmick that silk/satin prevents wrinkles.

The only thing that does that is a time machine.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Yes, have used satin pillow cases for many years.....recommended especially for curly hair AND no wrinkles. 

At BB&B, found pillow covers that feel like satin and zip on....just as good as very inexpensive. Hint: I change mine every other day since hair products and skincare not great to lie on.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2. At 68 no wrinkles...good skincare, but face slides across satin not cotton!!

Esteemed Contributor

Me too, always buy the ones with the zipper.

@Shelbelle wrote:

Satin for me too, I like the ones that have zippers. I found nice ones for just a few dollars at BBB a few years ago.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I am a back snorer so thought no need for silk but my hair gets frizzy so might give it a try.